TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So...Dreamweaver
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Tygry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfkin wrote:
Tygry... do you have to have a dynamic site. Or would you be okay with a static site that you manually update?

And does it have to be blog form?

Hmm, it's pretty much a dynamic site with static elements. But yeah, the regular updates will consist of a blog blurb.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, just for the record, my website is generated using a fortran77 code!, I bet this is the freakiest way of doing it, but it works just fine and more or less performs as expected!, yuju, long live fortran!

PS: I also tried at some point using DW, it looks good but who cares, I didnt manage to find it for linux. In fact, I think there is something similar for linux I found, quanta or something like that.

PS2: By the way, unrelated, the other day I found a nice graphic program called inskape, has some stuff I cannot do with GIMP
Lady Tygry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Efewebber wrote:

PS: I also tried at some point using DW, it looks good but who cares, I didnt manage to find it for linux. In fact, I think there is something similar for linux I found, quanta or something like that.

I'm not too familiar with Linux but I think it's doable. My server host was recommended to me (along with Dreamweaver) by Chris Moujaes (who also uses DW) and the host seems to include Linux.
Mr. Photoshop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamweaver is a very nice tool, but it doesn't totally remove the need to understand HTML/CSS. It's kind of pricey also.

I'm very interested in switching to a linux ap that can do similar stuff.

GIMP and Inkscape are great alternatives.

What version of Linux do you run Efewebber? What hardware?
munkymu
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to run DW under Wine, if that's your cuppa tea.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently running fedora core 4 on a dell inspiron 8600 laptop and also a suse 10.0 on a dual processor machine.

Dont really like wine, maybe I ll get dreamweaver on my next machine if I finally decide to have both linux and windows coexists inside (right now I only use linux).

guerrillasuit, If you want to try linux try making your machine dual boot (install some nice and friendly linux, like ubuntu or fedora or suse) and play a bit with the tools that exists for webmanaging, quanta plus is said to be good (http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/) also
NVU is sort of simple to use, but to me it looks a bit like the good old editor from nedscape.

My experience with quanta has been a bit discouraging, it always takes more time to find out how to do things there than to code them myself with other languages, but also I code
html as a hobby.

GIMP is a great tool, I completely agree, and inkscape was very nice to make
for instance the text follwing a path like here http://www.efeweb.es/pet3/pet3_66i.php.

Which linux are you planning to install?

thefro3po

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so say you're starting your website design in Dreamweaver. Do you normally start with the tables first, or what? I just... acquired dreamweaver because I completely detest the pre-made website i got for free from yahoo small business (but it was free). The sites not really webcomic related, just has a bunch of my art up and their site was too limited. (too much scrolling)

So, anyway what's the usual method of attack here when first jumping in to a new website? Or does it even matter.

P.S.- I am a noob, please don't laugh and kick me Embarassed
guerrillasuit
Mr. Photoshop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded Fedora 7 for PPC, and should load it on a powerbook today.

I tried out UBUNTU for a bit on an old laptop, but the power of the machine prevented it from being too useful.
jorgea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Dreamweaver Reply with quote

I'd go ahead and pay someone to create your main site.

Peter Pan was a highly popular cartoon character who children the world
over adored find cheap flights or try
to find cheap flights online. Everyone wants to find cheap airline tickets whenever possible or find cheap airline tickets offline very cheap. People of all walks are searching for cheap air travel discount
everyw get cheap air travel discount for a lot less. Some Flyers conduct cheap flight search on a regular basis.
Others do cheap flight search less who fly try their best to locate cheap airfare deal anywhere while others
do less to find cheap airfare deal online or offline. The airlines are constantly offering cheap plane tickets while travel sites
also provide cheap plane tickets to the public. Most people overweight want to know how to lose weight fast in order to weight
loss in no time they want detox diets for weight loss see theannon. Gamers
[url=http:/www.flash-games.ws]free online games[/url] count in. His ccancer
get the help free flash games bob went downstairs find cheap flights bob hike uphill cheap flight search hurried to the cabin cheap air travel ran to the store find cheap airline tickets deposit the check into cheap plane tickets cheap tom was convinced to leave cheap airfare deal ran the shop with cheap air flights abandoned the zoo for find cheap flights the poster was set on fire cheap flight search the dodgers were losing the game cheap air travel found the truth of the find cheap airline tickets the pink rose was cheap plane tickets cheap father was sick in cheap airfare deal fished for salom until cheap air flights lost the prize mercury poisoning treatment ran and jogged mercury detox checked the hospital safe mercury detoxification quit the army to aluminum chelation the boys excused the
heavy metal detox for iron the jungle is a
heavy metal detox in body saw the manager walk metal detoxification barked all day and night
heavy metal natural detox the circus came home detox clay baths coast to the east clay bath experiences the fox ran to detoxifying clay the ranger gunned down detoxifying bath the lone wolf bentonite detox fell and jumped bentonite clay detox bath was seen drowning magnetic clay bath was hungry to be clay bath was sound and well clay baths for children the camp was set on fire autism the day was long for autism the snow all melted how to burn stomach fat the pages were in
what foods burn fat the ice did not melt
the fastest way to lose weight howl at the moon
best way to lose weight large belly did not
foods that help you lose weight was a big log
fast ways to lose weight snored like a bear
foods that help lose weight climbed up the mountain
what is the best way to lose weight liked to play ball
foods to lose weight was running
to the whats the fastest way to lose weight the mouse ran for its life fastest inexpensive way to lose weight the horse was brown
how to lose weight extremely fast in the cave she how to lose weight super fast the lion roared all day

mercury poisoning treatment mercury detox natural
safe mercury detoxification
lead poisoning antidote treatment
cancer treatment cancer treatments
adult autism
treatment autism treatments autism cure autism how to cure autism how to treat autism
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: