TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Before and After
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
munkymu
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second page of Gothbunnies:

And the 190th page:

Oh my god, three more months and I'll be at 200 pages. 200!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@munkymu: Now, that`s an interesting change of style in an ongoing series, from a funny to a more stylized, realistic and darker comicbook style.

fluffy wrote:
mil, those are great! The old versions were fun and nice and loose and sloppy, but the new ones don't end up making them all sterile and bland either. Very different takes but both are fine.

Thanks, fluffy. My old artwork was more sloppy because I usually didn`t make any scribbles or sketches and drew most of the time directly the inks on paper.
Two years back, when I started drawing again, I thought this time IŽll try to be more professional and am doing now thumbs and sketches and the inking with a light table*, so the art is a bit more polished now but I'm trying to keep it as lively/vivid as possible.

(*my light table being an old non-functional scanner with some added lights in it)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first page of Juathuur, from 2005:

Over 1000 pages later, the most recent page:

Colour is a wonderful thing Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have an earlier incarnation of my comic (2007 Zuda entry), a bit ugly, but makes a good comparison at least:

Here's the current version of this section of story:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lifes a Witch wrote:
So far, I think the biggest changes I see are from N9uxu, Jinxtiger and Senshuu. It seems as if their whole style of drawing changed from first to last.

You know, if anybody is voting in the TWCL awards- there's an award for exactly that, and I would really like to win it. Because of my genre and topic, it's very hard for me to get ANY recognition for anything, or even reader feedback, so the only thing I really CAN do is just keep trying to make it better, and though the sky's the limit in a lot of ways I think I have covered a LOT of ground and deserve at least to be nominated. It's one of the few such things I feel I can say, "Content aside, I _deserve_ this". Almost any other sort of recognition is off limits to me...

I've always been shooting for photoreal B/W shaded anthro characters with disturbingly convincing nonhuman anatomy- I was never trying for an ironic crude cartoony thing. I was just bad Smile

Still am of course, but I was WAY MORE bad Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lifes a Witch wrote:
So far, I think the biggest changes I see are from N9uxu, Jinxtiger and Senshuu. It seems as if their whole style of drawing changed from first to last.

Indeed. Part of that comes from the fact that Slightly Off-Topic started out as an exercise in meeting deadlines to teach me to write. I didn't expect to fall in love with the project as rapidly or thoroughly as I have.

Now, of course, the style is in the middle of another transition as Brit is finishing high school/getting ready for college, so she almost never does any sketches for the strip anymore. I'm learning to draw as rapidly as possible, of course, but... some come out great. Some... less so.

Dave

Also be sure to read ttallan's
MiloTheCloud

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou then:

Lou now:

Milo then:

Milo now:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here my very first strip, drawn a year ago, and the last one.

I'm kinda ashamed that I'm one of those guys who always thought drawing would depend solely on talent. If I just knew earlier what you can achieve with a little practice.

____
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: