TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

V-Con in Vancouver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdalton
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: V-Con in Vancouver Reply with quote

Hey, anyone interested in coming to a convention in Vancouver?

V-Con is a long-running science fiction, fantasy, gaming, etc. convention that this year is going to have an artists' alley for comics for the first time. If you live within reasonable proximity and are interested in any of these things I highly recommend it! And if you make comics and are looking for a con to attend in this neck of the woods, I also recommend it! I've been two years in a row now and done fairly well for myself- and that was before the artists' alley.

The guests this year are going to be the creators of Looking for Group and Least I Could Do. My group Cloudscape will also be there, as I'm hoping will be a lot of Vancouver comickers. We've got a lot of talented people out here. The con is October 2-4 in downtown Vancouver and there is a hotel attached for anyone interested. For artists, you need to get a membership as well as the table, but if you go for the "games and exhibits only" pass, the two together are a decent price. And tables are big enough to share, hint-hint.

This is all new this year, but I'm hoping V-Con becomes a Big Deal for west coast comics. That's why I signed up as a promotion monkey for them! Any questions, just ask.

S*P*Q*R
jdalton
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than two weeks left for pre-registration and for getting a table- the deadline is Sept. 15.

S*P*Q*R
James Sawatsky
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooo tempting.....

where is it? I don't know Vancouver that well, but I can have free lodging in Surrey or Ladner. (Possibly PoCo, too)

Are the details for a table on the vcon site?
jdalton
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. Sorry for the slow response, I'm on my parents' (virus-riddled) computer at the moment.

The con is at a hotel downtown somewhere, so if you can get to a skytrain station you can get there easily enough. Which would mean central Surrey or PoCo should be okay, but Ladner not so much unless you want to add in a bus trip.

If you're looking to get a table, the info is on the site- what you need is a "games and exhibits only pass" as the cheapest way to get in the door, and then a table in "artists' alley," not the art show (because the art show doesn't have tables, just space on a wall).

S*P*Q*R
n9uxu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds fun, but I'll be in Colorado for work then... bummer...

Dave

Also be sure to read ttallan's
James Sawatsky
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. It's too short of notice to get stuff together for a table. I'm still trying to talk my wife into spending a weekend at a comic con...
jdalton
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hopefully we'll still have an artists' alley next year too.

S*P*Q*R
Echos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be able to go but I was hoping to find someone who would check out one of the artists there for me. I saw some of the stuff she was working on for her table and really want one or two of the ACEO cards she was working on. I'd be happy to send money for them in advance, if anyone is willing send me an email at y.pohl@hotmail.com.
jdalton
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh? To whom are you referring? I know most of the artists who'll be there. I'll bet there's a way to get what you're after using the mail and the internet.

S*P*Q*R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: