TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many votes should people have during nominations?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many votes should people have?
1 vote per category
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
2 votes per category
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
3 votes per category
57%
 57%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 28

wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: How many votes should people have during nominations? Reply with quote

When it comes to nominating comics, how many votes should people get in each category?

Here are the options as decided in this discussion thread.

Q. How many comics can be voted for in the nomination period?

1. One comic per category, per person.
2. Two votes with first choice being worth 2 points and second worth 1 point.
3. Three votes with first choice being worth 3 points, second worth 2 and third worth 1 point.

Remember don't be too eager to vote. There is a week on this poll, closing next Sunday. Make sure you've made up your mind first, but please be sure to vote before this poll runs out. That'll be exactly one week after this post was made.

Blog

Last edited by wendyw on Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
LukeSurl
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be voting One comic per category, per person unless I can be persuaded otherwise. My reasons are as follows:
  • It's simple - which makes organising and counting the votes easier, and quicker. Reducing the delay from end of voting to the announcing of nominees should be a concern.
  • It produces more meaningful results - We can then say that 'this comic made the shortlist as it is the favourite comic of 35 people, rather than, 'this comic got 48 points' which doesn't really sound as good.
  • It reduces the work required to vote - This sounds a little odd, but I expect we'd reduce the number of votes we get if we demand from people three times as much.
Max Vaehling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer more votes because a lot of good stuff tends to fly under the radar in the sense that a lot of people like it, but won't choose it as their one favorite. Having more than one vote can help reveal these gems. Uh, not sure if I'm really getting the point across right now, but it's somewhere in that direction.

Webcomics - Blog - Twitter
Zaron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta agree with Max. If including the underdogs is really something we want to try to do, allowing nominations that aren't the very first name that springs to mind will help far more than any hidden gem award.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> TWCL Awards All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum