TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Polls will be opening in around 9 hours

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Polls will be opening in around 9 hours Reply with quote

Just a quick reminder to everybody that polls will be starting in around eight and a half to nine and half hours and if anybody has any more suggestions of poll options make them before then. That's between 9pm and 10pm BST.

I will not be editing polls once voting starts.

Also I'd suggest people don't vote straight away when the polls do open. They'll be closing next Sunday at around the same time they're opening today. That gives you a week in which to vote on the issues in the polls. Give yourself and other people time to discuss, persuade and argue about the subjects.

You can't change your vote, so make sure it's the right vote.

That's all for now.
I'll be back later.

Blog

Last edited by wendyw on Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
funnyninjas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will happens with a tie?
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the poll in question.

If it's a straight yes/no question and it's a tie I'll extend the polling. If it's a poll with a whole load of options then we might open a new poll with just the two winning options and get people to vote again or if, for example, it's the New Comic poll and a year plus 1 month and a year plus 5 months were winning, we might look at what other options were coming close and decide it based on whether it was overall votes for a longer or shorter period, but it won't be my decision. It will be a committee decision how to actually deal with the polls that don't have a definitive answer.

Blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> TWCL Awards All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum