TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Category: Comic Genres
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we have individual genre awards? (genres to be decided later)
Yes, I think we should.
54%
 54%  [ 20 ]
No, I don't think so.
45%
 45%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 37

elissarose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there was some standard genre thing out there somewhere. In the 90s people gave up on music genres and called everything "Alternative"

I think Senshuu is right!

Kallisti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm for this on a general basis... when/if it is approved, I'd push for a limited number of categories, probably something below 10. I think the unlimited category field is a bad idea, just due to the fact that arguably every comic could eventually narrow itself down to such a small sub-sub-subset of categories that we'd have to give everyone an award.

An idea does occur to me - since this is the TWCL Award... we could always use the genre categories TWCL uses to define what awards we give. We might want to remove/combine a couple of them... but it's still a starting point. They (for those who don't venture much off the forum) are:

Fantasy, Furry, Gaming, Geeky, Manga, Mature, Quirky, Sci-Fi, Weird, Workplace, Genre-less

I know that this isn't the time or place to debate *which* categories we do, I'm just throwing this out as a possible comprimise as an idea for those deciding on whether they're for this or not.
Meow Meow Meow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do feel that this would be most unmanageable and if one were to have this genre divided system, how many and what ones?

I mean, if we have too many the whole idea becomes a unmanageable and if we have to little, you will have someone arguing that they have been left out.
elissarose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, this being what it is, there is certain to be someone who feels they've been left out anyway.

jdalton
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elissarose wrote:
On the other hand, this being what it is, there is certain to be someone who feels they've been left out anyway.

True, but I think with the addition of some genre categories more people will feel left in. As a suggested rule (however many genres, if any, are decided on), you could say that a given comic cannot be eligible in two genre categories. Someone has to pick one or the other.

S*P*Q*R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> TWCL Awards All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum