TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TWCL Award committee
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chilari
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: TWCL Award committee Reply with quote

So, who wants to get involved in organising this, and to what degree? Once we know who's involved and how much time they can dedicate, we can go from there with a better idea of what we can realistically aim for. Please also give us an idea of what kind of skills you have.

I guess I'll start by saying I wanna get involved, and I can put in two or three hours a week. As for skills (my least favourite part of job applications, because self-assessment is tricky), I guess I'm good at organising stuff. Um, if anything relating to ancient Greece pops up, I've got that covered. I could draw stuff if necessary. I'm no good at coding, but I'm a bit of a stickler for spelling and grammar, so I'd be happy to help with proof-reading press releases or site content etc.

Last edited by Chilari on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chilari
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukeSurl wrote:
Is this the best thread, or the best time, to discuss format? I think we should get the organising group together first and then that can figure out how things proceed.

You're right; this is really just the signing up thread for getting involved. We should discuss this stuff in the main thread that's already there.
oppernaR
Uses a ruler for everything

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I should be able to help out, in any way needed.
I've been involved in webcomics since before time began (if TWCL can be trusted on this) and have read a lot of them.. like.. a LOT Rolling Eyes
That and the fact that my excuses for a webcomic or two are disqualified anyway (two on permanent hiatus and one hardly updating) should be enough to make sure I can at least provide some assistance.

I have to agree with some points mentioned though; an all TWCL panel would not only be a poor representation of the entire webcomic community, it would also undermine the credibility of the entire award.
And let's be honest, bringing people in from outside (bigger fish? perhaps cewebleties with no link to webcomics?) would also mean free promotion *cough* .. I mean.. yes, free promotion of thewebcomiclist _

S*P*Q*R
-I use a ruler for everything.
Chilari
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well it seems everyone who's going to post here has done. The current list stands at:

Me (proof reading, some drawing)
Wendy (general managing)
Gregori (whatever capacity)
mooncity (cheering from the sidelines)
Luke (drawing; coding, perhaps and upcoming splash page; knowing names)
Zoe (web page design, but not the coding side)
Oppy (any way needed)
Kez (press, articles and support)
Pzero (site design, drawing)
Funnyninjas (writing things, proofreading, emailing people)
Kallisti (judge)
jaygeefisher (anything to help)
jynksie (any way that's useful)

Others have posted in this thread but haven't specifically said "I can help"; if you want to, please let us know.

Those who have said pretty vague and unspecific stuff, can any of you code? That seems to be the main thing we're lacking that I can notice at the moment (I know Luke said he can, but he also said it depends on if he gets a job, any anyway shared workload makes things easier, right?)

Once we've got the name of the awards sorted, we'll need a logo. Would anyone like to volunteer for that?

Also, Wendy has volunteered to be a sort of general manager. Does anyone have objections to this? Or suggestions for a cool-sounding job title for her? (I quite like the sound of "co-ordinator") In fact, job titles for all would be a fun thing to come up with, as long as it doesn't produce arguments. Anyone want to call a job title for themselves?
Lavenderbard
^_^

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please add me to the volunteer list as potential gopher, with the note that I do not have a webcomic right now, so am available for any task that people feel should be handled by a disinterested party.
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reminds me, I'll be unavailable from the 16th to 22nd of this month. I'm going to Italy Smile Can't wait.
n9uxu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always glad to help if you need me for anything...

Dave

Also be sure to read ttallan's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> TWCL Awards All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum