TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The CD cover game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oppernaR
Uses a ruler for everything

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yhtomit wrote:

Artist: The Machine is Off
Album: I Think It's Broken

and we're now listening to:
UNDERGROUND WEBCOMIC HATERS! by Juggalo Gigolo

S*P*Q*R
-I use a ruler for everything.
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artist:
Dancing Dingos
Album:
You already know you won't like this.

Blog
Kallisti

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want this Jam to come back to life... but I have no idea what to do for Wendy's cover. Anybody else?
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please don't let this jam end with a picture of a Horndog character...

Blog
NekoMusume
Meow Meow Meow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do one tonight if people would like and I have time

My views are not representative of my clients,
Any community that I may be a member of or my employer
Zoe Robinson
Resident Diet Lawyer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me.

NekoMusume
Meow Meow Meow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LP design

Front Cover

Back Cover

Side One

Side Two

Side Three as Side One,

Side Four as Side Two,

Inner Left

Inner Right

CD Cover

Next:-

Band - Forever Falling
Album - Closer to the Ground (falling in decreasing circles::eyes closed::forever blind to the world::next to nothing::we don't speak the same language)

Luke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next: The League
Album: Ctrl Alt Defeat
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disillusioned with the politics of our wonderful country much, Jess? (though to be fair I can see why. Politicians are all* a bunch of lying, sneaky bastards trying to screw us over. And the only parties I'd be happy to vote for have little to no chance of getting into power and probably wouldn't know what to do with it if they did.)

*Disclaimer: not all politicians are lying sneaking bastards. Just a significant porportion of them.
NekoMusume
Meow Meow Meow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chilari wrote:
Disillusioned with the politics of our wonderful country much, Jess? (though to be fair I can see why. Politicians are all* a bunch of lying, sneaky bastards trying to screw us over. And the only parties I'd be happy to vote for have little to no chance of getting into power and probably wouldn't know what to do with it if they did.)

*Disclaimer: not all politicians are lying sneaking bastards. Just a significant porportion of them.

To be fair, I am not much disillusioned as blood boiling angered, I love the United Kingdom with all my heart, I love our people and how culturally diverse we are but I fear that we are losing our place in the world, everywhere I go I see the same things, joblessness, hopelessness and degradation, more so now than ever. As a business woman I also find it hard to put us first, the government does almost as little as it can for the people and seems to manage the imposable by doing less for small business, especially if you are trying to start something new.

I also fear that we are picking and choosing European directives to justify government line, for example, implementing badly thought out laws in regard to light bulbs (that even the environment agency feels are disadvantageous to the environment) or laws that try to restrict UK businesses and thus make us less likely to be able to retain manufacturing jobs here but who do not support directives that deal with transpeople or other rights.

It's a mess, I just wish we would pull out of Europe but observe any positive ideas and implement them independently. It's funny that we are handing the manufacture of a product currently that was designed in a European state that is costing more because of our EU membership, I was under the impression that the EU was meant to ease trade barriers, oh well, my bad.

It alarms me also that we are having our civil liberalities curtailed and our protestations contained, not to mention the fact that we have had thrust upon us these draconian laws that are so badly written that I can be stop and searched for doing my job (as a freelance photographer) or even have my work destroyed (owning to the fact that some police officers are ruff and have no understanding about how a 35mm camera works). I also fancy not this new id card/passport scam (my personal information is my own and I feel not like sharing), that, due to the technology employed, leave you open to nationality tagging and even ID theft, I personally do not wish to carry anything that screams to any electronic device that I am British, given the negativity we have created for ourselves with illegal wars and what not, it would be a rather trivial task to create a explosive device that was triggered by one of these RFID tags.

This use of cattle scanning tech just shows how we are viewed by the neo conservative rabble we did so elect, it also amuses me that Blair (a person I met as a child I may remark and I was hardly wooed then as now) used a political and legal loophole, that I may remark, he, himself called to be closed prior to the election, to push laws without having to go to parliament, a trick also used post his ousting. These supposed anti terror laws are nothing more than pandering to big business interests with a touch of perverse SS style control fetish, masturbation fantasy, that, like the war, provided successive cabinets with topics to touch themselves over and it would hardly surprise me if some enjoyed the wiretaps of hot phone sex before departing for bed.

I would ramble on more, but alas I am most tired and in being so I'm making little sense, this coupled with the fact that I would, most likely, be told off by my darling parter, I must bid you farewell and goodnight

Tskingdom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NekoMusume wrote:
perverse SS style control fetish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kx05kU5gZg
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The League were unique among the Oxfordshire mid-nineties hardcore punk scene by being the only band to perform solely with Commodore 64s and 80s Casio keyboards.

The 10 year anniversary edition of the album, indistinguishable from the normal version apart from the tracklisting as the label forgot to print the cover stickers, features a glorious 9 minute rendition of the Dead Kennedys' Kill the Poor recorded live at the Staines Memorial Concert Hall on the night of it's unfortunate demise due to an electrical fire, making it a true collectors' piece.

Next album: -

Artist: - The Seventeen Pianists

Album: - Stuff Falls Over

Blog
ps99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revisiting this thread , a thread that must not die! Smile

Artist - a road full of quitters

Album - life saver

Zoe Robinson
Resident Diet Lawyer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember A road full of quitters, they were an exellent band with real potential but they just couldn't stay the course.

The album you're looking for was this one, I think. There was a variant cover but I haven't been able to track it down.

The album I'm particularly interested in finding is:

Album: Latin for business and pleasure
Artist: The Birmingham Disco Wastrels

Casual Notice
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

History: A proto-punk band of the early-to-mid seventies, the Birmingham Disco Wastrels languished in the northern England club circuit building a following among the growing hordes of hopeless (and jobless) young adults in the region. By 1977, they caught the eye of Darryl Hoyle, a novice producerlooking for a new sound to impress his bosses at minor label ContractBroker Records. Unfortunately, the band's premier album, Latin for Business and Pleasure was mislabeled, owing to the band's refusal to include their name on the cover (Sid Vicious had ridiculed the Wastrels for the band's largely unthreatening name), and disappeared onto the shelves of the "Instructional" section of most record stores, where it would shock (and occasionally delight) many an old pensioner seeking to expand his or her post-redundancy horizons.

We need some country, now.
Album: My Boots Are Dirty But You Got No Pants
Artist: Utah Murphy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Jams and competitions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: