TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

100-Page Anniversary Mad Tea-Party Art Contest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdalton
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: 100-Page Anniversary Mad Tea-Party Art Contest Reply with quote

Gee, this comic is getting awfully close to breaking the triple-digit barrier. That's why I'm pleased to bring you the...

100-Page Anniversary Mad Tea-Party Art Contest!

Here's the deal- you may not have even noticed, but I recently "fixed" one of the pages in Part Two of the story to remove my one and only use of a bad word (it started with B. Oh noes!) I plan on importing this change into the next print-run of Part Two, but I've still got some of the old books laying around. Apart from this one edit the books are otherwise exactly how I want them to be. As it happens, we are also coming up to page 100 of this long-neglected comic of mine. So I want to have a fan art contest and give away some books!

Rules:

1.) Send me fan art! I've just reinstated the fan art section of my site and I would love to have some more stuff to put there. Any and all art I receive will be posted on my blog and on my site! Send it to me before I upload page 100 (on Feb 28th 2009) to be eligible for the contest.

2.) It does not need to be A Mad Tea-Party fan art. Art using characters from any of my comics would be great. Maybe even guest comic pages if you're really feeling ambitious.

3.) I have four copies of A Mad Tea-Party Part Two to give away, so that means I can pick four winners! If you win, I'll ask for your snail address and I will mail you a book (at my expense, of course). One of those four will be a first-place winner, and will get extra book(s) yet to be determined. What books will they be? It is a mystery! I'll pick and announce the winners on or soon after the 28th.

4.) If you win and you have already somehow acquired a copy of A Mad Tea-Party Part Two, I'll swap it out for either Part One or my Chop Suey mini-anthology. But only if you really already have one, because those aren't the books I'm trying to get rid of.

5.) Material that is NSFW or infringes any copyright other than mine is ineligible, sorry.

S*P*Q*R
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwa ha ha! I blew up your topic JD! (Dumb guest account).

Anyway, does Mitsubishi count as copyright infringement?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like fun. Just emailed you fan art.
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koad, this is awesome! I honestly didn't expect to get any fan art for Zhenfu, but this is perfect!

vulpeslibertas wrote:
Anyway, does Mitsubishi count as copyright infringement?

No, that's trademark infringement, and if you're guilty of it so am I, so who am I to judge? Razz

S*P*Q*R
Koad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I've been a big fan of your work for quite a while. Very Happy
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only two days left!

S*P*Q*R
Miluette

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had seen this sooner. D:
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got busy. I may do it anyway, in time.
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senshuu, Vulpes, no worries. There's always next time.

So A Mad Tea-Party finally hit page 100, and that means the contest is over! The results are posted in my blog! In the end I only got two entries, but fortunately they were both really awesome entries, so I still think it was worth it. Given how hard it would be for me to pick between the two, I'm going to call it a tie and say they both win.

First was Koad's picture of Zhenfu, seen above. By the way, have you seen his comic? It's set in the Warring States period. Which if you know what that is, you will no doubt be really interested to read it.

And next was a terrific drawing by a guy named Uriel. He's got the personalities of the characters down pat, and even seems to be able to read my mind about what colour that flying Mitsubishi is. I don't think I ever said it was red, did I? But it totally is. Nice patterns, too. I like patterns.

Thanks guys! As soon as I figure out what books I'm going to send you, I'll drop them in the mail!

S*P*Q*R
Koad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*does the happy dance*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum