TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAMPAIGN: GALAXION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a bad idea?
Yes.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
No.
90%
 90%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 21

Harrington AW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good idea. I just stumbled and reviewed Galaxion.

I hope this works out well for Galaxion. It's a very good comic that deserves the attention.

-S
Yarrrrr!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can squeeze a cameo in for tonight's comic...I'll put up that tower ad tonight too.

Also, I started stumbling a few pages per day and I'm squeezing in links to Galaxion on my facebook and hyves pages.
Think think think...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Awesome!

As a note, I've been adding links and steps to helping on the first post as we've been going along. The new banners made Mr. Baker, the new blog side banner, and the original banners kick off campaigns tomorrow on PW from 3pm-6pm.

Also: I must admit rampage looks like it would make a good fit for Galaxion.
lonelyfetus
Think think think...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent to Keenspot:

Quote:
Hi! I'm not the creator of the comic, but a fan on her behalf (the creator is quite shy) would you be interested in a comic like http://www.galaxioncomics.com in your ranks?

Any advice to be passed along would be greatly appreciated. If it's something you'd want to talk about further I'm sure I could arrange something.

-Mike.
thestripedone
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, you have to *apply* to Keenspot? I thought it was a "sign up for free" type thing. Shocked
lonelyfetus
Think think think...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, that's Keenspace, now called Comic Genesis. They changed the name for that very reason. The idea of Keen Spot is to promote premium content and publish/sell their merchandise.

It's completely done by referral, there's no application process.

Name dropping doesn't hurt though.
lonelyfetus
Think think think...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A slightly longer version, I emailed to Antarctic Press.

Quote:
Hi! I'm not the creator of the comic, but a fan on her behalf (the creator is quite shy) would you be interested in a comic like http://www.galaxioncomics.com in your ranks? I know she's looking to have her work in print form, and I've been a long time reader of antarctic comic titles - I think you two could hit it off nicely!

Any advice to be passed along would be greatly appreciated. If it's something you'd want to talk about further I'm sure I could arrange something.

-Mike.
studkickass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumbled that sucker, nice comic.
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelyfetus wrote:
A slightly longer version, I emailed to Antarctic Press.

Hm, thank you for your efforts, but I honestly don't believe Antarctic is in a good position to help me out much. They're a small publisher to begin with, and therefore can't pay very competitive rates, plus given that Diamond is pulling the plug on some bigger publishers' titles (such as the Viz titles mentioned in this post by Chris Butcher), I can't see that I'd even get distritubed! No, unless someone like Scholastic comes knocking, I think I'm better off self publishing.

lonelyfetus wrote:
Sent to Keenspot

What a busy boy you are! Wink Seriously, though, I've wondered about the wisdom of signing up for all these different organizations. I'm already on Girlamatic, and I'm a member of Palace in the Sky. Wouldn't it be considered, I dunno, gauche or something to try to ally myself with too many of these? What would Miss Manners do? Laughing
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:

What a busy boy you are! Wink Seriously, though, I've wondered about the wisdom of signing up for all these different organizations. I'm already on Girlamatic, and I'm a member of Palace in the Sky. Wouldn't it be considered, I dunno, gauche or something to try to ally myself with too many of these? What would Miss Manners do? Laughing

Not to mention having to update your comic in ten different places! "Ah, sorry, couldn't finish this page up, I'm still uploading the last one to a few sites." Smile
Think think think...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I did it to find out what they had to offer - and to see if recommendations are actually taken as a serious consideration. If they jump up and down at it and you're not into it, chalk it up to an overzealous fan. Which is precisely what it is.

I was hoping having someone publish an initial run would print the comic at no cost to you, which could be sold on your website. You're right though, if Viz is getting cut back, that's a sign of trouble.
Darc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat! Unfortunately, I don't have anything much to add at the moment. I'm kind of burnt out. Though I did want to mention Tangents did a review of 'Galaxion' earlier today in case no one saw it - http://www.tangents.us/2009/02/27/galaxion . Maybe getting more reviewers to look the comic over would be helpful?

Ttallan, do you still have any of the original print copies? Johanna Draper Carlson at Comics Worth Reading ( http://comicsworthreading.com ) reviews mainly print comics, but will read comics that have a heavy web presence as well. Maybe she'd be a good resource to use.

And I love the banner Lonelyfetus. Laughing
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I've submitted Galaxion (specifically page one of the graphic novel) to digg.

http://digg.com/comics_animation/Galaxion_Awesome_Sci_Fi_comic

The quantity and speed of votes is all important on digg, so VOTE VOTE VOTE!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keenspot is a place that will get loads of traffic, automatically, just BECAUSE you joined up (more traffic than any other collective I know of, including Girlamatic, and WAY more that Palace in the Sky). However, it is exclusive. Your comic cannot be part of any other collective, and you can't post your comics (in their entirety) elsewhere. Personally, I would be ok with the exclusivity because of how much you'd get by being a member there. Yes, you must APPLY or be REFERRED.

I can see about dropping your name there if you're interested. Don't know if it would do any good, since I only assist on a comic there, don't actually make one myself, but I'd be willing to try!
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People, I think this is THE best initiative I've ever been witness to on a webcomic board. Full points to everyone involved! It's funny, but every now and then something like this comes along and restores my faith in the general rank and file of the webcomic community.

Top job, and ttallan - all the best in everything that comes of it.

Good stuff, people! Smile

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: