TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAMPAIGN: GALAXION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a bad idea?
Yes.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
No.
90%
 90%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 21

Senshuu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added Galaxion to both my comics' friendly affiliates ("poopsies") lists on their front pages so the pimpage can go on. :3

I'd consider adding a temporary link to it on LF's splash page, but I like to keep it minimal and it might distract people from entering, lol.
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you start hitting up smaller sites. Better readthrough rates, I find. When I run campaigns, I'm cheap but I get a good amount of hits because I cancel ads if they don't give me two cents a click or less in a day. So my frequent choices...

Wayfarer's Moon.
Xylia.
Palace in the Sky.
Mysteries of the Arcana.
SpiderForest.

Honestly, though, my best click rates/costs for clicks, come from smaller sites, in the 100-200 reader range. We're talking like, .008 dollars a click. It takes time but it's worth it. You can reach a large audience by finding a bunch of skyscapers worth 10 cents a day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing my little part, too. Galaxion is on my links page. This is such a good idea for a community to help a sista out Wink

Good luck, ttallan!
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdalton wrote:
Metruis wrote:
I suggest you start hitting up smaller sites. Better readthrough rates, I find.

Yes, I've found that too. There's too much competition for the big-name sites among advertisers and I don't find that the results justify the expense. Find a bunch of (slightly) random mid-level sites and advertise there. My theory is, people who visit smaller sites are more likely to want to add a new comic to their roster. Also, your ad will look nicer next to all the cheapo crummy ads from people not willing to pay a lot.

I know. I mean, I'm paying .008 dollars a click for one site I'm advertising on.

I also did plug Galaxion (kind of... well... I linked it) in my last news post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to Amazon I can get them for as low as $106.99!

Amazon wants $80 for a kids book I put out years ago. And here I've been selling 'em for $2.99....

As far as PW advertising goes, here' something I've been trying with some success. Try limiting your search to sites with a current bid between 0-0.01 cents and a minimum bid of 0-0.01 cents. You can often get advertising for free or nearly free this way, and get exposure on a ton of different (admittedly low-traffic) sites.

-S
Yarrrrr!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maskerman was still stuck to that hull, so the crew had to do something: http://www.maskerman.nl/index.php?strip=116&lang=

Also, I'm still stumbling about 3 pages per day. Also sometimes doing pages from the bonus-sections or the fan-art. And plugging every update on my Facebook Cool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think "Life. Love. Hyperspace." is actually a really good catch-phrase, too. It just needs to be coupled with a busty chick in a bikini and holding a laser gun instead of the classy head-shot that's on there now. Laughing (Or at least show more chest)

I agree with this, I think. When I've seen the banner before, I thought more like Star Blazers (which is about all I'm familiar with in that genre).
I wouldn't have thought "Star Trek", let alone "Star Trek with more breasts".

That said, I actually like the current banner and catchphrase.
It's just at odds with the other banner.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palace in the Sky endorses this thread. Mainly because it is, in fact, pwnflakes covered in awesome-sauce with a glass of woot beer, but also because Galaxion is a member, and one of the finest sci-fi comics we have.

Cool

And "Gibble blabble fwee" will soon find its way into as many comics as I can arrange. Razz lol

Go Galaxion!

Quote:
I put in another $50 into PW - this time I'm asking you guys who I should bid on.

Zap! and Crimson Dark.

A member of Palace in the Sky
Beertycoon
Yarrrrr!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FB Comic Con ended yesterday didn't it?
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, we DID just double your readers. I myself am pretty impressed. With far lower numbers I would still be impressed if my readership doubled and you already had a higher count. Cool Now it's even higher. That's awesome. Great to see the screenshot too. Wow! That's just awesome. Cool

Also, I did some in-comic product placement for you as promised when I requested book covers to cameo, so now one of my main characters reads Galaxion and your books are clearly on her floor. Razz
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:
Metruis wrote:
Also, I did some in-comic product placement for you as promised when I requested book covers to cameo, so now one of my main characters reads Galaxion and your books are clearly on her floor. Razz

Woo! Which page? (Went looking, didn't spot it...) Give me the link and I'll pimp you on my site next update! Very Happy

http://betweenplaces.comicgenesis.com/d/20090322.html <--there. I haven't got to that update on the SpiderForest mirror yet, which is probably where you went. >_> (That's the site I generally publicize but the CG one is ahead... though hopefully not for much longer.)

Now your books are permanently part of that setting though, like the art on the walls and other books, so they'll show up in other pages in that room. Cool
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:
I've made it to the Something Awful forums at last. My life as a comic artist is now complete. Huzzah!

Now when does the fabled hate mail start pouring in? Cool

Probably never? You put out quality pages on a schedule and don't think you're God's gift to comics. Who's going to bother you unless you go there and stir the anthill up a bit?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: