TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAMPAIGN: GALAXION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a bad idea?
Yes.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
No.
90%
 90%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 21

xwhy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think "Life. Love. Hyperspace." is actually a really good catch-phrase, too. It just needs to be coupled with a busty chick in a bikini and holding a laser gun instead of the classy head-shot that's on there now. Laughing (Or at least show more chest)

I agree with this, I think. When I've seen the banner before, I thought more like Star Blazers (which is about all I'm familiar with in that genre).
I wouldn't have thought "Star Trek", let alone "Star Trek with more breasts".

That said, I actually like the current banner and catchphrase.
It's just at odds with the other banner.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palace in the Sky endorses this thread. Mainly because it is, in fact, pwnflakes covered in awesome-sauce with a glass of woot beer, but also because Galaxion is a member, and one of the finest sci-fi comics we have.

Cool

And "Gibble blabble fwee" will soon find its way into as many comics as I can arrange. Razz lol

Go Galaxion!

Quote:
I put in another $50 into PW - this time I'm asking you guys who I should bid on.

Zap! and Crimson Dark.

A member of Palace in the Sky
lonelyfetus
Think think think...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!

Okay, this week I didn't have to pay car payments or rent or any crazy bills... so...

$50 - PW, set to last all week long between 6pm-9pm or until cash runs out on sites with 10k-200k uniques.

$50 - Adwords, .01 per click on a single standard banner ad with keywords:
best sci fi
best science fiction books
best webcomic
best webcomics
free webcomic
good webcomics
manga online
most popular webcomic
online webcomic
popular webcomics
read manga online
sci fi books
sci fi comics
sci fi series
science fiction books
science fiction conventions
science fiction stories
science fiction webcomics
shojo
shojo love
shojo manga
shoujo
your webcomic

I really hope I'm doing it right. I have an awesome idea that I hope to announce next week to hopefully bring the spotlight on Galaxion throughout the webcomic and creator community and wrap up an awesome run on Campaign: Galaxion!
ttallan
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, I'm basically still going "Gibble blabble fwee." Smile

And now that you mention it, ladystar, I think I'll have to find a proper place in Galaxion for that quote, too. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I just happened to run across the Facebook Comic Con going on this weekend... and beyond... on Facebook... how do we get some Galaxion representation over THERE??? Someone had mentioned FB ads, but wouldn't this group be even better? It's absolutely free. Just a thought.
thestripedone
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fusella wrote:
Hey, I just happened to run across the Facebook Comic Con going on this weekend... and beyond... on Facebook... how do we get some Galaxion representation over THERE??? Someone had mentioned FB ads, but wouldn't this group be even better? It's absolutely free. Just a thought.

Don't think, DO!
lonelyfetus
Think think think...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't really do social networks. I got a pretty big following on myspace, but it still feels like a waste. Can anyone else do this? Someone who can make an awesome impact!?

Edit: looks like I was bidding too conservatively, so I upped everything - should see a few results tomorrow.
Fusella

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to the FB Comic Con, I posted a "check out Galaxion" this morning in the guest and exhibitor registration forum, but in order to actually set up a "table" at the con, they are really looking for the artist in question to do it, so I think we'll need to defer to Tara's interest in participating in the con on this one.
lonelyfetus
Think think think...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Link?

I also wanted to mention that Ad Words is terrible.
Beertycoon
Yarrrrr!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FB Comic Con ended yesterday didn't it?
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fusella wrote:
With regards to the FB Comic Con, I posted a "check out Galaxion" this morning in the guest and exhibitor registration forum, but in order to actually set up a "table" at the con, they are really looking for the artist in question to do it, so I think we'll need to defer to Tara's interest in participating in the con on this one.

You don't need permission to cosplay.
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelyfetus wrote:
I also wanted to mention that Ad Words is terrible.

It's all in the wrist. I had $50 free credits on it that I used for MS, but the results were mixed. I think it doesn't do too well for webcomics in general, though.

The way I got good results is by totally ignoring the "search results ads" side of it and focusing all my funds on the ads that appear on people's websites. Especially since those can be graphical! I think it's the "affiliate network" or something? If you still have $$ left in it, try going that route instead. You'll have to shell out about $0.30++ per ad if you want results, though.
Fusella

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend was the big kick off for FB Comic Con, but I believe it is going to be an ongoing effort. The "site" is so huge, I found it overwhelming, though. I wouldn't know where to grab a link to show you my post (which was very basic, given my creative time and energy available over the weekend), and I wouldn't know where to go to "cosplay." That idea is a good one, but did not occur to me; I was thinking more along the lines of a virtual Galaxion table.
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fusella wrote:
and I wouldn't know where to go to "cosplay."
Any convention will do. Grab a space jumpsuit, stitch "Galaxion" on the back, and wander the halls as you usually do. You don't need convention permission, just a little extra bravado (OK, actually, like massive charge-the-machine-gun-nest courage, but same thing, eh?). Galaxion costumes would be almost too tame. ttallan should make a three-tiered headdress and put it in her comic or maybe an eight-foot transforming robot sword. Twisted Evil

My gosh, I'm snarky tonight. I've posted on five topics and none of them make any rational contribution. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you want distinctive for a con, there IS Patty's functional hat...

And I know about cosplaying at an actual, physical con, but the Facebook Comic Con was all virtual. I didn't have the time to peruse all the pages to see if there was a place to post cosplay stuff (although they did have a costume contest, so I guess that would count). Unfortunately, I stumbled across the con itself too late for me to put anything like that together.

My personal creative talents tend more towards playing with fabric than pen and paper, and it HAS been my goal that when I finally manage to attend a con with Tara again, it will be in an actual Galaxion uniform. I have patterns that I can use for the top and the pants, I just need the right fabric, which I have not spent an inordinant amount of time looking for yet.

If I'm going to do something, I usually do it to excess. I know Tara will vouch for me there Wink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: