TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Action scenes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
munkymu
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jinxtigr wrote:

The thing about drawing action scenes in any reasonable way is that it's HARD and seriously bereft of any way to repeat yourself and perfect poses by doing them repetitively.

What? Why not? Is there something preventing you from redrawing panels until you get it right? Or from renting action DVDs, pausing them during fight scenes and practicing drawing the poses you see to build up your mental library of weird poses and angles and flailing body parts?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, what I mean is, you don't have the same pose in panel after panel. Ideally each new panel is a different angle, pose etc. so you are always drawing something you've never drawn before Smile
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jinxtigr wrote:
No no, what I mean is, you don't have the same pose in panel after panel. Ideally each new panel is a different angle, pose etc. so you are always drawing something you've never drawn before Smile

This is why there is a saying about having to make 10,000 drawings before you're any good at it. Round about drawing number 9,999 you find that you DO start to repeat poses. Rolling Eyes

S*P*Q*R
jinxtigr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's OK with me, I'm only on drawing 1,274 Wink there's a while before I start repeating poses. Apart from the talking heads- OH DAMN Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: 123456789 Reply with quote

interesting post

If you believe this message is spam, please send an email (stopposting3@gmail.com) to the address of your forum and we will not attend your forum. Thank you for your understanding.
Hanzou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice spam.

I just wanted to add that if you want some great action scenes, go to deviant art and look up Lesean Thomas and former X-Men/Battlechaser artist Joe Madureria.
Marty Nozz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the comics I'm working on is getting into a huge action scene now. We previously got some criticism over our fight scenes, so we're putting some extra effort into this one.

The artist and I got together and choreographed the entire fight. Anything he wasn't sure about we referenced using my library of foreign action flicks and a few live demonstrations. This involved applying a rear chokehold on my mother, who was a good sport about it.

Since the action sequence in question, is a running street fight we actually created a map and went through panel by panel what is happening where.

Hopefully, the effort will yield good results for us.

Hanzou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty Nozz wrote:
One of the comics I'm working on is getting into a huge action scene now. We previously got some criticism over our fight scenes, so we're putting some extra effort into this one.

The artist and I got together and choreographed the entire fight. Anything he wasn't sure about we referenced using my library of foreign action flicks and a few live demonstrations. This involved applying a rear chokehold on my mother, who was a good sport about it.

Since the action sequence in question, is a running street fight we actually created a map and went through panel by panel what is happening where.

Hopefully, the effort will yield good results for us.

I just browsed your site. Very cool stuff. I'm really digging the style you're using on Mere Mortal.
Marty Nozz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanzou wrote:

I just browsed your site. Very cool stuff. I'm really digging the style you're using on Mere Mortal.
Thanks. Chris (the artist) has really been putting out his best work lately. It's caused delays in the updates because he's putting a lot more into them, but over all it's worth it for the quality he's producing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: