TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to show off? Step inside...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iaviv

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Snotnarok - I can't find the first time you posted this (but I remember seeing it). Anyway, one thing I'd like to point out is similar values of color: the blood on the blade is pretty much the same value as the dark part of the blade. It's one of the most basic principles of coloring, and a big no-no. turn your image into grayscale and you'll see what I mean. The obvious way to fix it is to use a brighter or darker value of red to even it out, or do the same to the blade instead, with a darker or brighter gray. Or both, I guess. Gradients can help too, if you like using them. I'm not gonna tell you what to do, there are several ways to go about something like this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iaviv wrote:
@Snotnarok - I can't find the first time you posted this (but I remember seeing it). Anyway, one thing I'd like to point out is similar values of color: the blood on the blade is pretty much the same value as the dark part of the blade. It's one of the most basic principles of coloring, and a big no-no. turn your image into grayscale and you'll see what I mean. The obvious way to fix it is to use a brighter or darker value of red to even it out, or do the same to the blade instead, with a darker or brighter gray. Or both, I guess. Gradients can help too, if you like using them. I'm not gonna tell you what to do, there are several ways to go about something like this.

I'll consider your advice, the blood was honestly an after thought I stuck in there last moment, the comic gets bloody so I just before exporting it shrugged and slapped it in there.

The image in general was an experiment with a different shading style to see if there was a quicker way of coloring pages that still looked good.

But really thanks for the input. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the latest chapter cover for my comic. c:
dirtracer8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: nawk toons Reply with quote

One of the more recent comic pages from my webcomic Smile
natephoenix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New T-Shirt design. It's only my second, after the 'Zombie Killer' silhouette one, but i'm proud of it. Very Happy

www.JazzandJess.com <---May contain Boobies and Zombies.
iaviv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@natephoenix - I like the feathers. But... it may help to fill the black areas you have there, with white. It'll look more coherent. For the same reason I wouldn't use pencils and vectors in the same design. Choose one method and stick with it. For t-shirts, it makes more sense to use vectors due to a print process which isn't as precise as paper print. But I'm also assuming this is a work in progress, so maybe you already know all of that.
is awesome cool.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another retro-style travel poster. I made this in PS CS4 using a publicity photo of actress Debra Paget for reference. I don't think I quite got all the shading right, but if you're a bachelor, I'm guessing you won't mind all that much.

The comic strip that never was.
iaviv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mooncity - Took me a while to see the antennas on her head, but good job all around!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: MARVEL's MVP Reply with quote

I started off as a writer and drew terrible cartoons for me and my friends, then I started meeting some artists and now they do the dirty work for me.

But still wanted to be involved with the art in my comics so I started working as this colorist with next to no skill. It's been a year now since I started my comic ORDER and I've always been secretly proud of this MARVEL piece I had colored for a color battle over at deviant art.

Pencils - Joe MAD
Inks ~M09
Flats ~artmunki
Colors ~Thonie Wilson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there is an old records ad.
(if you should not know the original cover art - it is Coven, Louise Hübner and Bedemon.)
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: MARVEL's MVP Reply with quote

mooncity wrote:
Here's another retro-style travel poster. I made this in PS CS4 using a publicity photo of actress Debra Paget for reference. I don't think I quite got all the shading right, but if you're a bachelor, I'm guessing you won't mind all that much.

Ooh!

DEADNEMO wrote:
It's been a year now since I started my comic ORDER and I've always been secretly proud of this MARVEL piece I had colored for a color battle over at deviant art.

Not too shabby, although it gets slightly muddy (gray/brown) in a few spots, like on Spidey's leg and palm.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of the raw penciled strips and character designs for our Red Devil strip.

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Red_Devil/5370559/

smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some pretty pencils! I hate how it's so much easier to get subtle detail in pencil than in ink. ;|

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbhax.com wrote:
Those are some pretty pencils! I hate how it's so much easier to get subtle detail in pencil than in ink. ;|

Thanks!

And I absolutely agree. Inking sucks and I just can't seem to get the same look no matter how I try. I just ruin my pencils.
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those really are very pretty pencils, but the thing I really love there is the way you've arranged the panels in that second part. I love the fact that the last panel border in particular follows the stairs. That's brilliant.

Blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 87 of 89

Jump to: