TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to show off? Step inside...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 87, 88, 89  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OAAN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your stuff is awesome Iron Spike! Very Happy
Iron Spike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OAAN wrote:

Thanks! I plan on setting up an Etsy shop to sell my stupid little paintings, eventually. They're tiny (5 x 7), take only about a day to do, and would ship easily, so why not. They're my vacation from Templar, I do one every Monday.

Hey. Read my comic. kthnx.
kismetropolis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Spike wrote:
OAAN wrote:

Thanks! I plan on setting up an Etsy shop to sell my stupid little paintings, eventually. They're tiny (5 x 7), take only about a day to do, and would ship easily, so why not. They're my vacation from Templar, I do one every Monday.

Not only is your stuff awesome, but by that self portrait you look like a friend of mine from NY I haven't been able to get back in touch with.

Most impressive. I'm diggin' the beadwork in the locks, too.
Wiz Rollins

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MannPower wrote:

Loving your stuff, MannPower. Is this mostly Illustrator?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiz! I love the clean look of your pic! WOnderful!

Here are a couple of my latest.

A piece of art a friend challenged me to make. (Photoshop 7.0)

And here is the cover for my second issue of my comic. I am pleased with the way it came out. That green is a B*%&$ to print, though.
Chilari
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfkin wrote:
A piece of art a friend challenged me to make. (Photoshop 7.0)

Shocked
That's incredible. If only I could draw like that. The hands, and the shirt, and oh my goodness the whole thing!
jdalton
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: At first I thought it might be traced. Then I decided it didn't matter if it was traced because it looks so good. Now I'm thinking it probably isn't (and is just good use of photo reference). So let me just say instead that this rocks, you are awesome, and leave it at that, huh? Embarassed

DOUBLE EDIT: Because the second one is obviously not traced. Which just goes to show you that me-from-five-minutes-ago is full of crap and we should all ignore him. And I should stop having conversations with myself pretty soon here.

TRIPLE EDIT (New world record?): The more I think about it the more I realize that the me-from-five-minutes-ago and the me-from-ten-minutes-ago can back pedal all they want, but they can't hide the fact that if they can't even distinguish good art from bad anymore they obviously spend far too much time on the internet and need to get a life in the real world and stop triple-posting at 2:00 in the morning. Also, they could both probably use some anatomy lessons since their drawing is not up to snuff. Unfortunately, right now only the me-from-two-years-in-the-future is actually following through with that plan.

S*P*Q*R
Elfkin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aneska, thanks so much! I am glad you liked it. It was a mean challenge,(I have a very undiplomatic friend.) but said challenge turned out a nice desktop illustration. (Though my husband wants to know why his head is bowed. I told him that the poor lad in the picture wasn't getting any. He agreed this was grief worthy.)

And Jon! ROFLMAO!

I had to read that three times to figure it out. *wipes eyes*

Please let me assure the you from ten minutes ago that it's not traced. Though I had a nice photo reference) And thank him for his assertions that it is nice, even if it was traced. Then pat the you from 5 minutes ago on head for noticing the second image. (Give him a cookie for me, will you?) And finally, the you from 2 years from now should go back(forward) to his own time and find out what I am up to and then report back to me. Then I shall be delightfully obliging by forgetting the whole thing. *wink*

And BTW, I love your work, so hush up on the "not up to par" business.

Elfkin
jdalton
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfkin wrote:
...And finally, the you from 2 years from now should go back(forward) to his own time and find out what I am up to and then report back to me. Then I shall be delightfully obliging by forgetting the whole thing. *wink*

me-from-two-years-in-the-future wrote:
What is she up to? Still rocking my socks, dammit! I should have resumed life drawing classes two years ago and maybe I could have caught up. Now? No chance.

Hmm. Grim news indeed. Smile

S*P*Q*R
Elfkin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimm news, maybe. LOL! But at least now you have warning that you needed to have taken the life drawing class. So you can change your future and be well schooled in representational human art. If only because your future self warned you. And now you will totally kick my butt in 2 years so I have to find an edge.

(I'll go seraching for that edge over you after I take a tylenol to help the headache I developed from the mixed tenses of talking to you about this.)

Elfkin (who is gonna start referring to JDalton as Marty...the McFly variety)
Rave

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a finished print available on my deviantart account, http://oultawrave.deviantart.com

I'm really happy that my tablet is working again because this a world away from how this thing looked when I tried it with a traditional mouse, I hate working with those things. Anyway as soon as I finis this semester I shouldn't be missing anymore updates and I should be posting more because I only work from about 8am-7 when im supposed to be a 9-5, u have to love this country.

http://projectrave.com
Elfkin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rave, she is pretty cute! Glad your tablet is working again, (I have maintenanced my own a time or two to prevent waiting times on Wacom's repair service)

Can't wait to see your next update.
MannPower

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Loving your stuff, MannPower. Is this mostly Illustrator?

Actually, 99% of my stuff is done in Photoshop. I've never heard a good reason as to why Illustrator's pen tool behaves so differently than Photoshop's, so I stuck with what was easier for me to work with. That, and I've been using PS a lot longer than Illustrator. I also work on everything at 300 DPI, at dimensions somewhere around 6 x 6 feet, so sizing will probably never be an issue for me.

I mostly use Illustrator for logos.

BugReportOnline.com
thefro3po

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfkin, that's some really impressive artwork there Shocked

I love being able to see everyones styles when their not drawing their webcomics and stuff.

*drools*
Elfkin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefro3po, thank so much! This thread got burried and I missed your feedback until I came to post a new project. Embarassed

As for the new project.... I thought it would be fun to post a project "before" it was all shiny and finished. This is stage 2 of an illustration I am working on for a Tolkien anthology book created for academic use at University in Madrid. (Not as cool as it sounds, at all)

It's past most of the clean up of the original sketch. (which is why it is stage 2 rather than stage 1) I decided to actually work on an art book this year, on digital painting. (Not to go to print, just for some friends, no biggie) So I picked this piece to devote a chapter of the book on....That means I am saving it in stages. LOL! I may even make a web page tutorial out of it. But I doubt it. I may ask poor Joel to help me make one if I decide I want to do that.

Anywhoooooooo

Here is a handsome, young Elros sketch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 3 of 89

Jump to: