TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deep History 101
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
afterthedream

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Deep History 101 Reply with quote

Part of the purpose of my webcomic has always been to get people interested in the hidden history of America. There has always been an articles section of the site with various news stories, documentaries, and primary documents that people could check out, but now I've started a more ambitious project which has been on my mind for a couple of years now. It's an easy-to-read timeline of crimes, conspiracies, and cover-ups in America since the end of the second world war, with plenty of links for those who want to dig deeper. Currently only the 1945-1949 section is up, but I'm hoping to add on another decade or two per week until I get up to the present day. If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for historical events to add, please let me know. Thanks for checking it out!

Deep History Timeline

Last edited by afterthedream on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnK

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a fantastic project. I've been meaning to fully read your comic for some time, but now I have a whole lot more to dig into.
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so happy I held off on reviewing your site until after the Rasputin Barxotka hiatus ends. Deep history makes me happy!

*NERDGASM*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update... the 1950's section of the timeline is now complete.

JohnK wrote:
This looks like a fantastic project. I've been meaning to fully read your comic for some time, but now I have a whole lot more to dig into.

Much appreciated!

vaslittlecrow wrote:
I am so happy I held off on reviewing your site until after the Rasputin Barxotka hiatus ends. Deep history makes me happy!

*NERDGASM*

Thanks! History Nerd High Five!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are most welcome! Here's the review.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vaslittlecrow wrote:
You are most welcome! Here's the review.

Very Happy That is super nice! Thank you. I posted a section of it on my front page.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say, I've been a fan for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1960's section of the timeline is now complete: http://www.afterthedream.net/deep-history-1960s.php

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1970's section of the timeline is now complete. It includes some some truly bizarre events- an explosion of cult activity, government research into psychic phenomena, UFO abductions witnessed by groups of people, and of course a long list of horribly depressing CIA black ops.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So at long last, the timeline has finally been transferred over to its own dedicated site, deephistory.us. I've also now finished the 1980's section of the timeline.

Quote:
As U.S. economy is deregulated, corporate malfeasance multiplies and the stock market roars ahead only to suffer catastrophic collapse. With little regard for international law, the U.S. continues to intervene militarily in the Middle East and Latin America. Right-wing think-tanks spring into existence at an unprecedented pace.

Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While most of your facts are accurate, they are presented in a manner that is highly misleading. Your entry on the Kent State Shootings, for instance, makes it sound like a platoon of National Guard lifers showed up on Campus to murder them some smart kids and doesn't even glance at the fact that an inexperienced officer commanding an inexperienced unit was deployed to keep the peace on the Kent State campus on the back end of a three-day series of riots that had resulted in multiple injuries to Kent and Ohio State peace officers and emergency services personnel. Riots punctuated with the use of firearms and Molotov cocktails by the rioters, where the Ohio State Police lost control of downtown Kent for nearly a day.

Also, in the '80's section...
afterthedream wrote:
Quote:
As U.S. economy is deregulated at administrative levels with increasing regulation at entry levels, corporate malfeasance multiplies as reduced domestic competition allows the stock market to roar ahead only to suffer catastrophic collapse.

(Separate entry)With little regard for common sense, the U.S. continues to intervene militarily in the Middle East and Latin America. Of particular note, the tragically flawed "peacekeeping occupation" of Lebanon that left US Marines exposed in a tactically weak position, and the strategic error of supporting the Nicaraguan Contras in their vendetta war against the short-lived Sandinistan Junta.

(Separate entry)Politically-motivated think-tanks spring into existence at an unprecedented pace. Pushing political and social thought away from the center on both sides and beginning an uncompromising divisiveness in political philosophy that would later cripple the effectiveness of at least three Presidencies and eleven Congresses.

Fixed, also try not to conflate events. I get that you have strong beliefs, and far be it from me to tell you not to hold those beliefs, but, if you're going to pretend to present "history" (deep or otherwise), you should present it in a fair and objective manner, sublimating your personal agenda as much as possible. If your faith in your convictions is valid, the factsóthe FULL factsówill bear out and influence the people to agree with you.
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need an animated gif of people jumping on landmines. Twisted Evil
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of old Bugs Bunny cartoons where the rabbit tricks Yosemite Sam into running into the barrel of a loaded cannon. Is that the sort of thing you mean?
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean like Monte Python: Oh look, a big field with landmines in it. Let's go frolic on it!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casual Notice wrote:
Wharrgarbl

Thanks, but I don't need any history or politics lessons from someone who's on record as defending war criminals and child molesters. The next time I need your opinion, I'll let you know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: