TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you spell "Mewtant"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiirikka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Can you spell "Mewtant"? Reply with quote

oklies, my comic is kind of in it's baby shoes still, an I have to do lot of work with it, but it would be nice to get few readers, as you see from it's profile here, it's still quite unknown: http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/p/9563/Mewtant

To make things simple, this is a bi sci-fistic weirdo actionlike comic I guess, drama even. I just got my prologue made, so there isn't much to see, but I would be pleased if you would check it. [url]mewtant.smackjeeves.com[/url] is the adres you can leave comment there or here, how ever you want... I'm lousy at drawing still, but hopefully my story willl handle it... so, could you spear a moment for my comic? ^^

- beware of the typos of dysletic finn! BUHAA! -
GingerDead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you make it sound like not only does the art suck but there is nothing to see but a prologue which sounds like text. you actually do not suck and there are quite a few pages to look at. your introduction post here will keep a lot of people from bothering to look. i'm glad i had a peek. Smile

my crit would be to not draw the chat bubbles unless you are going to hand write the text. you are scanning in and than trying to add text which is not always fitting in your pre-drawn bubbles. the font is kinda icky too. you can go to blambot.com and get some great comic fonts (free) and with very little experience or knowledge of photoshop , illustrator or the similar free program called gimp you can make the chat bubbles. this way you'll get a polished look. having a fuzzy font sticking outside of the bubbles is taking away from your work. if you can hand do the lettering that would be your best bet.

i wish you lots of luck and welcome to the forums. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, if you're going to computer edit in the text, do so with the speech bubbles too. The main thing that struck me as far as crit goes is the pacing. Generally speaking if something intriguing hasn't happened in the first five pages I tend to give up on comics so you may want to speed things up a little in that sense.
Tiirikka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks from comments guys. ^^ yeah, I have been thinking that speachbuble thing myself, They do look a bit out of place currently. ^^' and yeah, I do have a problem with that font, it seems to get crispy when I safe the image, I'm trying to figure out why... and yeah, I'm abit slow to warm up, as Jardel says. xD I didn't get quite right feeling to the prologue, so yeah, it can be bit boring start. :3 But I try to get things more intresting soon. <3

- beware of the typos of dysletic finn! BUHAA! -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: