TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions and Answers (check first)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Site Problems / Broken Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that we do here only affects your forum account.
Your account for the main site should not be effected in anyway.

So you're existing Senshuu site account should be still active and you won't have to do anything at all there. It's just the forum that's changed.

Blog
Miluette

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I get it. So I have to use both of them.

XD OK, good enough lol. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Changing authorship Reply with quote

The comic "Bugsport" is written by Ted Bastien, not Larry Crabtree and Taras Pryjma. I don't know who Larry is but taras was a friend and client who has recently passed away. How can I change this to credit Ted?

Note - see http://www.TedsStudio.com/ for information on Ted and the Bugsport cartoon.
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good question. I think your best bet is to just send an email to ash@thewebcomiclist.com including a link to the comic profile and an explanation of why it needs to be changed.

Expect that it might take a while to get a response because Ash can get pretty busy, but if you send him an email he'll look into it.

Blog
Cokomon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally got tired of my comic profile having the status of Not Checked For Updates, so I came to this thread to see what I could do about it.

Looking at the first page, I saw jreinsch post and updated my site to always post the last update date, like so:

Code:
<!-- Last Update: 28/03/2008 -->

I was just curious if this is all I need to do to fix this status? Like, is the crawler still out there checking and will it see this update, or do I need to contact someone to get the crawler kick started again?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Uses a ruler for everything

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can increase your chances by clicking the "report broken comic" in the menu to your left.

(that's over there <--- in the Navigation panel)

Doing this after you added the <!-- Last Update: 28/03/2008 --> has worked very well for many people.

S*P*Q*R
-I use a ruler for everything.
Cokomon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That's just what I needed to know.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Comicpress code? Reply with quote

I need help...I tried posting the code that mentioned on this forum topic for automatic updates into comicpress and it messed with my comic updates. I posted it in the function.php file just above the 'echo' code. I did exactly as the post said but...something didn't work.

Any tips on comicpress code for the list updates?

Thanks to anyone!
AnarchyInYourHead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in touch with the admins about this by email, but I thought perhaps another user might have an idea of what it might be. For many months now, my profile page says-

I got a message that the problem was fixed about 2 weeks ago but that it could take a few days to be updated. It's still unchanged. The site hasn't been down for any substantial period of time. I visit my own site regularly and it works even when I click on the link in my TWCL profile, so it seems like they have the URL correct.

I don't use Flash but I was wondering if anyone else has problems from using the Comicpress theme of Wordpress? I figured a lot of people use it and I don't think it uses any particular unusual code for posting the comics. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comic is listed. I ended up changing the URL. I sent the change request awhile ago, but the old URL is still listed so my comic isnt shown for updates! : ( What should I do? Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't change my email address. I registered using an email I registered with my ISP (which is no longer active), but have since changed to an email address specific to my site. As a result, I don't get any topic reply notification emails. The only option is to resend something (old pass/reset) to the email addy that hasn't existed in quite some time.

How do I change my email address?

Last edited by elbowmacaroni on Sat May 09, 2009 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elbowmacaroni, go to Edit Profile in the first navigation box at the side.
Before the first entry field there are three lines of text. The bottom of the three should say "In order to edit your username, email, website or instant messenger details, please click here". That will take you where you need to be.

If that doesn't work for you send me a PM.

Blog

Last edited by wendyw on Mon May 04, 2009 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnarchyInYourHead, if it's still a problem now I think you're going to have to email Ash again to tell him that it didn't work.

TRALLT wrote:
My comic is listed. I ended up changing the URL. I sent the change request awhile ago, but the old URL is still listed so my comic isnt shown for updates! : ( What should I do? Thanks!

How long ago did you issue the request? I know Ash has a lot on at the moment so he can't always update things that quickly, but if it's been more than a week or so it might be worth emailing him again about it in case it's been missed somehow.

Blog
TRALLT

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still cant seem to get my comic's url changed on the list! ARGH! Ill have to make a new one soon because Im getting frustrated. I emailed Ash and still has the old url. Evil or Very Mad What should I do? Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wendyw wrote:
AnarchyInYourHead, if it's still a problem now I think you're going to have to email Ash again to tell him that it didn't work.

The problem was fixed for about a day or two and then went back to that same status.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Site Problems / Broken Comics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: