TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions and Answers (check first)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Site Problems / Broken Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really weird. You're code checks out and so does the image location. It seems to be broken for no reason.

I decided to try it with the location that blogger has it saved at and it seems to work fine.

This:

Code:

[url=http://dionbello.blogspot.com/][img]http://bp0.blogger.com/_FWKZOVitSgc/R5KxFzVlHdI/AAAAAAAAADI/c7-H-eQWSOs/S660/i%26d_banner.png[/img][/url]

should come out fine as this:

Blog
dionbello

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fix. Not really sure why that happens. All other links from my website seem to work fine.

Thanks,

Dion

Ira & Drac WebComic
Stanto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now and again this happens; and it's really frustrating.

All of a sudden I get an influx of comics that I haven't favourited showing up on my list - usually I would view the full list of comics and just tick to 'hide' them because often by default they're not 'favourited' or 'hidden'.

However I can't do that, as the SQL query is timing out after 30 seconds each attempt at getting the list up.

This's frustrating and just forces me to keep making new accounts to wipe out the entire list of hidden and favourited again.

Any chance of sorting this out?

user: vixk_98@yahoo.com

And I still have the problem on my old account of not letting me login (stanto@stantoworld.co.uk) even though I had the password correct.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rob T

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Remedial Comics Reply with quote

Hi there. I submitted my comic "Remedy" at the beginning of the week. And it appeared on your list with a (New) next to it for that one day. We update three times a week and have since had a Wednesday and now a Friday Update but for some reason Remedy hasn't appeared on your list since the day I signed it up.

Additionally it seems the photo in the profile has not been approved yet.

I realize you may just be busy and if that is the case please accept my apologies for bugging but if you have any idea when or how this can be rectified please let me know.

You can reach me at my e-mail rob@remedialcomics.com or you can send me a message here and I'll check back for it. Thanks.
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And ditto with Space Pirates of the Black Quarter:

http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/p/13943/Space-Pirates-of-the-Black-Quarter

which was suggested 8 January. The avatar displayed OK after a couple of days and I've been updating the date stamp regularly, tho' Status is still showing "Not Checked For Updates"

Edit: Secret Agent: British Intelligence was only suggested a couple of days ago,

http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/p/14031/Secret-Agent-British-Intelligence

...so no surprise it's still showing Not Yet Processed and the avatar hasn't displayed yet, these things usually take a few days.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think there is no one at the helm of this ship. Anyone know how to get ahold of the people running things here?
Uses a ruler for everything

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I can only help with forum related stuff.

As stated elsewhere, you're always better off sending an email to ash@thewebcomiclist.com

S*P*Q*R
-I use a ruler for everything.
Rob T

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oppernaR wrote:
Unfortunately I can only help with forum related stuff.

As stated elsewhere, you're always better off sending an email to ash@thewebcomiclist.com

Thanks, I'll do that.

I appreciate the help. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I sent an e-mail several days ago. Still no response.... still no update. My comic tall hasn't been processed.

I guess there isn't anyone at the helm here. Sad
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash can take a few days to get to things. He seems to have a bit of a backlog to get through a lot of the time. It's only been a few days. Give him a week and if there's been no response you might have to try again. He's the only person that can sort those kind of problems out and of course he has other commitments too.

Blog
Rob T

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an e-mail today. Apparently he's on vacation. I guess he didn't tell the mods here. He modified his e-mail with a trackback now so that when you e-mail him it explains there will be no updates until after Feb 10th (I'm pretty sure that's what it said). So I'm relieved now. It may take awhile but it looks like it will get done eventually and I'm ok with that . Thanks for the help everyone. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made this temporary account I made so I could post here about this:

I can't log into the forums under my normal account, "Senshuu," even though it works fine for the rest of the site. (It's registered under the email senshuupolarcat[at]aol.com)

I sent an email about this on the eighth of December, and another on January 1st. I got a response on the 5th of January and was told that my email for that account wasn't in the database, although I've been logging into the main site with it. I haven't gotten another response since then.

I do want to start posting here, though, and not have to use another account for it (which is why I made this silly temp. name Very Happy).

Thanks for any help.

I see other strange little account-related issues around the site, but they tend to stay a little while and then go away, so I just pretend they never happened. I do remember back when my account was deleted for no reason... that made me a bit sad.
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've found an answer to why this is happening but not how to solve it.

This account pre-dates the great forum crash. The forum accounts remained active but their posts were wiped when it happened.

However, you seem to have created a second forum account post forum crash. Exactly how the software allowed this to happen I have no idea, but this could explain why you can't sign in.

I'll see if anyone can erase the two old forum accounts and then you can change the name of the account you're currently using to your old name instead.

Blog
oppernaR
Uses a ruler for everything

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both conflicting Senshuu accounts have been removed.
You should be able to change this account's name to Senshuu now.

S*P*Q*R
-I use a ruler for everything.
Miluette

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but I wanted to be able to use one of them. () You mean I have to go back and favorite all those comics a third time...?

Oh well, I am bored lol. And I do get why you had to wipe 'em both (enigmatic demon clones! both are evil!). Thanks!

Oh, I just got this message when trying to update my username:

Quote:
Please Note: Username was not updated as the username you selected already exists

...Buuut it seems to have worked, so I'm not going to worry about it lol. |D

ACTUALLY...it looks like the old account is still here. http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/users/33276 Should I just ditch one of them so they can be deleted?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Site Problems / Broken Comics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: