TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions and Answers (check first)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Site Problems / Broken Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrinject

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added the above code to print the last update comment on my site. I'm using just WordPress, and I have the last 10 posts displayed on the main page (though I only printed the comment for the newest post date).

My comic was coming up as 'Not Checked For Updates', my question is, will this work? And do I need to let someone know I've done this so they can start showing my updates, or will it be automatic?

Thanks!
thehannah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the last month, I have updated the new address of my comic 3 times, and it never sticks (or gets around to changing in the first place). All the other comic details, including the archive url have changed correctly. Is this because the webcomiclist button is still on the old site?

Thank you, Hannah
oppernaR
Uses a ruler for everything

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should not matter at all.
Make sure you send an email to ash. It might take a while to get fixed, but that's the only way to go Sad
Murdaugh
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to change the genre of my comic on its TWCL profile. Do I contact tbowl for this now, or what?
oppernaR

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THAT is something I can take care of! Very Happy
TheMidge

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben H wrote:
Yes, mine is not checked for updates, even though I add a new comic weekly . I don't know which of the 6 problems my site has... any help is appreciated!

I have the same problem and can't figure out what the problem is.
Please advise how I can correct this since my comic reguarly updates.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently updated and redesigned my index page, so the site is showing me a "Pattern Not Matching". I kept the dating method of the strip the same, but I guess thats not what your thing-a-mah-jig reads?

Anyways, when you have time, could the powers that be rectify this?

www.jynksiecomics.com
http://twitter.com/jynksiecomics
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sage25

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried over 12 times to change my comic's URL over the past Year (thinking it might take a week or two for someone to approve the change), I have e-mailed "Ash" nearly a month ago and have gotten no response and It still shows the old site.

My comic is http://www.yoshsaga.com/latest.php (Yosh!) formerly (nearly 2-3 years ago) yosh.comicgen.com .
tremendotron

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Can't change genre Reply with quote

I mistakingly categorized http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/p/12788/Standard-Out under "Quirky." It should be "Geeky" but there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.

Any ideas?
oppernaR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't change genre Reply with quote

tremendotron wrote:
I mistakingly categorized http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/p/12788/Standard-Out under "Quirky." It should be "Geeky" but there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.

Any ideas?

FINALLY! Something I can fix!
Sorted.

Sorry guys, the rest is really Ash business and I have no idea where he's been running off to this time Sad
Fritz Cartoons

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: My site is HTml Reply with quote

My site is an HTML and I have a single comic of the latest on it with no flash so why is it that my site is not checked for updates? I update M-F so I don't see where the problems is?
Rob Powell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I attempt to change my e-mail addy in my profile, it directs me to the main page 'edit profile' settings, which has no option to change my e-mail. I've literally scoured the site to figure out how to change it, but to no avail.
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I'd have to say you're right -- logging in (using email address) and going to User Control Panel > Edit Profile provides options to change Preferred Username (forum posting username) and/or change password, but not change email address. Guessing this must be hardwired into the account.

Fritz, if you haven't already, try using the Report Broken Comic link in the left margin, that got me a quick answer and solution.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Powell wrote:
When I attempt to change my e-mail addy in my profile, it directs me to the main page 'edit profile' settings, which has no option to change my e-mail. I've literally scoured the site to figure out how to change it, but to no avail.

The dpat is right.
Rather than working with a fixed username and a flexible email address, TWCL works with a fixed email address and flexible username. This is because the forum account is linked to your TWCL account which in turn is linked to your email address.

If you want to have anything changed just send me a PM with the info (new email addy) and I'll see what I can do for you tonight.

S*P*Q*R
-I use a ruler for everything.
dionbello

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seen to get my sig to work as you can see below it only shows the BBCode. Can anyone help? I know someone asked something similar earlier but I think his was in reference to HTML.

Thanks,

Dion

Ira & Drac WebComic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Site Problems / Broken Comics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: