TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to find an old comic/manga

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cylence

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Trying to find an old comic/manga Reply with quote

I used to read it in college, so it's been about 10 years- not sure if it'd even still be going at this point, but I was thinking about it the other day, and I'd love to find it again.

It was probably in the sci-fi genre, set in the not-so-distant future on earth- the main characters were a brother and sister- the brother was in school, I think, the sister worked as a waitress in some sort of adult club. The brother winds up meeting another of the other main characters in some sort of arcade where the main attraction seems to be some virtual fighting game where the fighters have dolls/avatars fight. She's a very punk-ish, tomboy-ish character, and she has a doll/avatar that's somehow special? The janitor from this arcade place is also one of the main characters, I think he had some sort of relationship going with the waitress at the point I lost track of it all those years ago.

The clearest memories I have are of the arcade scene- the main game is the fighting game where the players have on some sort of vr headset, and their avatars are displayed in a arena-type field between them. The girl who winds up being one of the main characters plugs in her disk (I think) and the avatar that shows up shocks a lot of people, because it was used by a famous/infamous player, and was supposed to be dead...she's bloody and injured just as she was in her last fight. The girl has lots of flashbacks about her friend/girlfriend who gave her the avatar before apparently something happened to her, and she's very protective of it (I seem to recall she had it in some sort of protective briefcase-like thing).

Her having this avatar causes quite a stir, and the owner of the arcade (a woman who I don't remember much about) tries to get some of her employees/bouncers to get the case, but the janitor and the young boy help her out, and she winds up going home with the boy, which his older sister isn't thrilled about (since she wants him to be studying to graduate school rather than being in the arcade).

I remember a lot, just not enough to make a clear search, heh.
swedewall

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will most likely never see this reply, but I was in the same boat, but by some mad trick of memory I remembered. It was the rules of make believe that you're looking for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Help! I've lost a comic! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: