TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vitreous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd_inks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Vitreous Reply with quote

One mage. One nation. And an entire race's reputation on the line!

Hey all! I'm rd_inks and I write/draw Vitreous - a long-running action/shonen comic (mind you, it's only just started but I'll be around for a while!) Since I've got the ball rolling over at comicfury where I host this story, I figured now would be a great time to introduce you all over at TWCL! You can find out more about myself on the 'About' page when you click onto the story. Here's a quick link:

www.vitreous.thecomicseries.com

Vitreous follows the adventures of Artem - a travelling light mage - as he tries to get humans and mages seeing eye-to-eye in a nation which would happily see his kind wiped out. However, as he travels across Astria making unlikely alliances and fighting monstrously powerful foes, Artem soon realises fulfilling his grand ambition is much easier said than done..

I've been active on instagram for nearly 3 years now and Vitreous has been in development for 2.5. It's very much influenced by shonen action/battle manga such as One Piece, Hunter x Hunter and One Punch Man in both art style and writing. However my main aim with it is to make these genres accessible while also trying to subvert some common tropes in the process (as the final line of the synopsis indicates).

Overall, I'm writing a series I'd want to read and that I hope inspires others to pursue their art ambitions. I hope you'll have as much fun reading as I do writing/drawing it!

Vitreous updates with new pages every Monday!

If you wish to see more updates, blogs and behind-the-scenes stuff, links to my Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook pages are below and on the site's navigation bar.

www.instagram.com/rd_inks
www.twitter.com/rd_inks
www.facebook.com/vitreouswebcomic
www.vitreouswebcomic.tumblr.com

Enjoy!

- rd_inks -

Last edited by rd_inks on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rd_inks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the slight delay but Ch 1.2 is finally here! We finally get to see what new villain Ramon's got up his sleeve, including a sneak peek at his superpower. As you'll see, he's really er...'hitting it off' with the folk of Folgend (that's one way to put it I suppose!) And as always, the author comments always share a little behind-the-scenes about character design and drawing challenges etc.

Have a read by clicking the following link - www.vitreous.thecomicseries.com/comics/15

The next update is due on approx 25.09.17 and will finally end Chapter 1. I can't wait to show you all what this first story arc entails - it's very much a 'mage of the week' affair but still has an overarching storyline to lead into the first big bad.

Anyway, here's a look at the first page for a preview of what's in store:

See you for Ch 1.3 - thank you all for your continuing support!

- rd_inks -
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: