TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spam? Where are the moderators?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDemptioncomic2017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Spam? Where are the moderators? Reply with quote

Hello,

Cheapkitchens for sale? Really? Something tells me those don't belong on a forum about comic books. Where are the moderators?
Polyak Attila

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's getting removed every time the spam arrives. The mods are doing a good job. It might not be the fastest, but since they do it by hand (I suppose... newer versions of phpbb might have some form of spam protection, not sure) it's fine.
Tait

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, these forums are pretty dead, so the spam bots are here more often than actual people or even the mods. They will clean it up though, it just takes a little time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is unfortunately what I am noticing across countless forums. I guess the only place to have lively, interactive conversation about webcomics now would be on Facebook groups.
VulpesLibertas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in it's glory days, this was the place to be
Tait

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDemptioncomic2017 wrote:
Yes, that is unfortunately what I am noticing across countless forums. I guess the only place to have lively, interactive conversation about webcomics now would be on Facebook groups.

Not so much from what I've seen. Facebook appears to be mostly people plugging their comics with only the occasional post offering some useful info. Maybe I simply haven't found the right places there though.

Twitter seems to be the place to go. There are two or three comic chats that happen there on a weekly basis and are pretty good for meeting other people and throwing ideas around.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tait wrote:
REDemptioncomic2017 wrote:

Not so much from what I've seen. Facebook appears to be mostly people plugging their comics with only the occasional post offering some useful info. Maybe I simply haven't found the right places there though.

Twitter seems to be the place to go. There are two or three comic chats that happen there on a weekly basis and are pretty good for meeting other people and throwing ideas around.

Hi Tait, any particular Twitter chats you find would recommend? Thanks
Tait

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Putto wrote:
Hi Tait, any particular Twitter chats you find would recommend? Thanks

@ComicBookHour and @webcomicchat have been good ones for me. @comicartistchat is another.

Comic Book Hour seems to be the biggest by far. It can be hard to keep up with all the responses on some days, but great for getting seen and finding new people to talk to though if you're active in the chat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: