TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spiders 19013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beertycoon
Yarrrrr!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even more crazier? Very Happy
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your art lots -- consistently nice detail and shading -- but after a fairly long period of peeking in at your pages, I still don't find myself warming to your comic, which is kinda worrying. Too surreal/metaphysical/whatever for my personal tastes, probably. Meh, everybody's a critic.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpat57 wrote:
I like your art lots -- consistently nice detail and shading -- but after a fairly long period of peeking in at your pages, I still don't find myself warming to your comic, which is kinda worrying. Too surreal/metaphysical/whatever for my personal tastes, probably. Meh, everybody's a critic.

Thanks for the heads up on how the story registers to you so far. It is a mind game story but it becomes more clear as it goes. It will get crazier but with a better sense of clarity about the conflicts between him and the other characters that he will encounter Smile I terribly want to jump into the action but without these foundation panels (the more quiet and surreal stuff) the story would become a bit too random and the excitement would have no clear purpose. I appreciate your critique so keep them coming. I want the book to resonate with most people. Another thing I am learning is that a graphic novel is not the best format as a webcomic that is updated weekly. But I'm still trying to work it out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beertycoon wrote:
even more crazier? Very Happy

LOL Yep. Even more crazier. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Storyboard 12 Reply with quote

This is just a transition set of panels. Nothing too exciting. The next set of panels will be somewhat of the same vain and will close out the second mini comic book. But after he get's on the other side of the door things get a little more interesting. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Storyboard 13 Reply with quote

Closing of mini book 2 and some character design Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a character design for the story... Smile Also I will be doing some live drawing by webcam on my blog Tuesday night at 9 pm eastern. Click HERE>>> http://desirestudio.ning.com/

No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the octopus head guy!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbhax.com wrote:
I like the octopus head guy!

Smile Thanks. He's much nicer than he looks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, I've completed the covers for the first two books in my mini comics series called SPiDERS.

Now I just need to finish up both books by placing in the dialogue pages and then I'm ready for new pages. Yippeee!

I'm documenting the entire process here: www.desirestudio.ning.com

Art.Love.Peace.
DG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Conceptual Pieces for Book Covers... Reply with quote

ABOUT THE PROCESS:

So this will be my last conceptual piece for now. I've got to start printing and binding the mini comics. And after that I have more panels to write and draw for book #3. I'm also thinking that I might create a sketchbook with some how to draw tips. Not sure. The process is time consuming and imagine this I have like three day jobs. It sounds much scarier than it is. But I'm trying to get some mini books done so that I can participate a little on the Comic-Con circuit along the east coast. I really need to fork out some solid nice pieces. Yes yes.http://www.desire-grover.com

In the piece below I'm trying to get familiar with the characters that make up the Ragbi Clan. They are a band of "boy" dolls that Jamal will encounter on his way to finding home. Three of the characters are not in this picture but I am working on another conceptual piece to help me establish their designs. http://www.desire-grover.com

Mediums: Watercolor, Cold Press Paper,
Ball Point Pen (Red,Blk & Blue).[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been absent for a month or so trying to work on publishing this book. Yippee!!! I printed up some proofs and came to realize that the line quality needed to be heavier so I am a little bummed that I have to revisit pages. I want to revisit them now so that I do not have to do so once the entire novel is finished Smile Well tonight I will be on live around 9 ish working on some of the panels that I am talking about. Watch me on my webcam Tues & Wed nights around 9 pm. Check it out here: www.desire-grover.com
Yarrrrr!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love your work. Can't wait to see the final product

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Thanks man.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Spiders 19013 Reply with quote

Sorry everyone but.......these spiders are nothing a rolled up newspaper or a slipper wont sort out

Great pics though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: