TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planet Thundersnow, an Epic Intergalactic Medieval Opera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overlord_Thundersnow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Planet Thundersnow, an Epic Intergalactic Medieval Opera Reply with quote

Greetings people of Earth.

I am the Thundersnow.

I come to you as a first resort (Literally, this is my first post on any webcomic forum Very Happy )

I've been working on my Webcomic for awhile now, and it's to the point that I feel comfortable presenting it to the masses.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you and getting some great and not-great feedback!

I read that your first webcomic is usually a failure. As such, I am setting out to create the greatest failure I could possibly achieve, but only with your help!

I'm brand-new to this, so if you see I'm doing something wrong, or missing something, please let me know!

You don't know what you don't know until you know, and then it's usually too late!

MY SITE IT RATED 17+ FOR GORE AND VIOLENCE AND EMOTIONAL STRESS.

http://www.PlanetThundersnow.com

Here's is a sample of my webcomic Planet Thundersnow:

So come on in and say Hi!

I'm looking forward to becoming a productive member of this website and checking out everyone's comics! http://www.PlanetThundersnow.com

Last edited by Overlord_Thundersnow on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say that is pretty cool work, very detailed, lots to notice and enjoy, every frame's like a painting. How much time does it take you to do these?

The coloring suits the art though it comes out looking very strong, maybe even to the point of overwhelming the lineart, but that's just how my eyes see it.

Good luck with the comic!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpat57 wrote:
Gotta say that is pretty cool work, very detailed, lots to notice and enjoy, every frame's like a painting. How much time does it take you to do these?

Thanks dpat57!

For me, a large battlefield can take up to a week. Coloring is another 2-3 days.

Quote:
The coloring suits the art though it comes out looking very strong, maybe even to the point of overwhelming the lineart, but that's just how my eyes see it.

Yes I've gotten that comment before. Too much saturation.

I'm working on it. I've got some coloring videos I haven't gotten to yet, mostly because my art pages are always so huge I don't have time for anything else. Laughing

Quote:
Good luck with the comic!

Thanks bud you too!
Michael Anden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digging the whole Thundersnow world a lot, nice anachronistic mix of medieval, Victorian and space-age aesthetics going on here.
Overlord_Thundersnow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael!

I'm rolling out the webcomic to the webfarms now...with mixed results.

I'm beginning to think I should use a 'trickle' approach for these farm sites, because I just litterally dumped all my current 26 pages on Tapastic, got a bunch of views, and now I'm getting like 1-2 views a day.

Very frustrating. I'm starting to think for the rest of the sites to release a page-a-day and perhaps that will trigger some computer algorithm to help push me closer to where eyeballs will actually see it.

I suppose it's my own fault for not launching earlier, but I just felt that I couldn't really commit to a weekly release at the time.

Overlord_Thundersnow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New page uploaded!

No blood and gore in this page so I felt it was safe to post it. Twisted Evil

Overlord_Thundersnow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys and gals!

Just finished "Issue #1"! Here's the final page!

Overlord_Thundersnow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
REDemptioncomic2017

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely some outside the box thinking here. I like it a lot! Hopefully I will have some pages here soon myself to share. (I don't at the moment because I am the writer, not the artist!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: