TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV Tropes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyDiGerolamo1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: TV Tropes? Reply with quote

Has anyone here listed their webcomic in TV Tropes? If so, please explain it to me like I'm five. It confuses me.

Thanks.

-TD
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did years ago but I have completely forgotten how I did it. : o My comic's page has since been highly expanded by other people and (I see now--glad you brought this topic up!) moved, to here.

And I could swear that when I originally did this, there was some kind of easy-to-follow guide... Hm. Which I cannot find. I guess what I would say then is to find a webcomics entry that looks something like what you want to have for yours--you don't have to add any tropes to it to start with, your readers or other tropers can do that later--go to its edit page, copy the code, create your own page (I totally forget/don't know how to do this), and just paste in the code copied from the other page and then edit it to suit your own comic, removing any tropes attached to the code you copied. And then be sure to add it to the appropriate category of webcomics page list thingy (again copy and paste an existing entry and edit into your own, making sure to place it alphabetically, of course).

And finally, link it from your own site and tell your readers so you can get some folks over there to add tropes to it, etc.

That is totally not straightforward, sorry about that! Hopefully we will get someone here who actually speaks tvtrope. : o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: