TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So guess who's new here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teixeiramarlena

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum isn't really active anymore, but new people do still join, since the forum is one of the top search results for webcomic forums.

If you want to improve your artwork, doing a webcomic is really great for that. Having a reasonable schedule can help keep you drawing regularly, which helps your skills develop.

If you have plenty of ideas - maybe turn some of them into short stories and see how it goes? Then you can set the phenq diet pills at phenq-reviews.com for your goal posts pretty close while figuring out if making comics is something you enjoy, or if it's something you just don't have enough time for.

If you want to do a long story, figure out which one interests you the most. The more excited about your own stuff you are, the more likely you'll be to stick with it.
Shaneoid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I'm new too, just getting my head around the site, say hi!
Wendy Wood
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. : )
Overlord_Thundersnow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

I just launched my webcomic last week! Wanted to drop in and say "HI!"

HI!

smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo! : D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MindChimera wrote:
Honestly though, go with Manga Studio (aka Clip Paint Studio), especially for comics. Looks like the regular price for the Debut version is $40-50, but it seriously goes on sale all the time for around $20. The Debut doesn't have all the features of the full version (which has Ex after the name), but it has some cookie-cutter tools for panels and word balloons that are convenient if you like them. It's also the best inking software you can find, and version 5 colors very well, too.

I'll add my vote to Manga Studio/Clip Studio Paint as well. It's what I've been using for my comic and it's great!

As someone who has only recently began checking in again, this site as a whole seems to be just barely hanging on. Spammer posts outnumber the real posts most of the time and having anything fixed/changed with a comic listing seems to take a week or so.

Times change. I do think most people are moving over to social media and I imagine that the few people running this site have other jobs to pay the bills so the delay in responses is understandable. Social Media is just easier and cheaper now.

It's kind of a shame, I do think that forums still have something to offer, but as someone else said, you have to have the right group of people posting there.

The comic listing itself is also still very useful to people looking for new comics, it's just too bad they couldn't automate the updating of links and such more. I wonder if they could switch over to a wiki style site that users could edit and maybe just have the crawler update the most recent update portion of the page?
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Reply with quote

LedaBunny wrote:
Yeah, the forum doesn't seem very active, but it's where google sends you. I wonder if there are more active forums to discuss/announce webcomics elsewhere, or is the age of forums simply over, and we should all get twitterized.

This is the most active general webcomic forum I know of. webcomics.com has a forum behind a paywall, so I don't know how active that one actually is aside from the site maintainer(s) who apparently post articles there regularly.

The free hosting site comicfury.com has a fairly lively forum for their members, and in decreasing order of activity (this is based on my very infrequent glances at them, mind you), so do smackjeeves.com and drunkduck.com.

Popular webcomic The Giant in the Playground has a subforum for webcomics in general which gets a fair amount of activity--maybe more by readers than by authors, but you can make a thread to announce your comic there; mine still gets people posting to it on a fairly regular basis.

somethingawful.com I think has regular forum threads dedicated to webcomics, but they're hard to find and read unless you pay for their forum membership (which I did once because I wanted to see why I was getting some hits from there : o).
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah another forum I found myself getting hits from lately is the Bad Webcomics Wiki Forum. ; )

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Hey I'm new too Reply with quote

, just getting my head around the site, say hi!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: