TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greatest Webcomics of All Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmasters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Greatest Webcomics of All Time Reply with quote

I gave up "Webcomic Pete" a couple months ago and have been messing around with audio and video in the meantime. These are the first in a series: Blowhard Professor Alton Armbister pontificates on the greatest webcomics of all time. Hopefully good for a couple laughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Req9OIO0Ij8&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciI3yxNbM5w[/url]

Positive or negative comments welcome, I'm new at this form of media and am curious about reaction. Thanks, Jerry

www.mcmasterscomics.com
MindChimera

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very funny, seriously. No complaints here, but you'll probably think of things you can do better the more you do it. I like the voice you're using for the professor.

What would be neat, though probably a stretch, is if you could get other artists to occasionally make the panels you use. Not like they'd have to do anything crazy, but it would give it more of the appearance you're talking about real webcomics since the art style will vary.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Yeah, totally agree, anything you do new it doesn't take long before you realize, damn, I should have done x, y, and z instead. We are of the same mind on the art. These two and then one more are the only ones I think I can do with my artwork before it gets stale. I'm reaching out to a couple artists on another forum and will probably do so here if that falls through. I have about six more recorded and in various stages of production.
ewomack
Grand prize winner!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, what made you give up "Webcomic Pete?"
mcmasters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ewomack, howdy. Just wasn't enjoying any part of the process except writing them. Writing them is a blast. Humor is such a fickle thing, it's fun to surprise yourself with a quirky way of putting together a little character interaction. But as soon as I think of it, I already "see" it in my head so the fun's over before I start the the two or so hours drawing, scanning, touching up, lettering, etc. Time is limited for me (as it is for us all) and the comic was making me feel guilty I wasn't doing something else more productive (either hobby-wise or shouldn't-someone-be-feeding-the kids-right-now?-wise)

And no, you're not allowed to quit yours!

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
mcmasters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted one of the above videos and made a few changes...Greatest Webcomics of All Time: Professor Armbister explains the historic importance of Blank and the Deity Squad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1tlrkjQl3c&feature=youtu.be
ewomack
Grand prize winner!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all makes plenty of sense, I've had the same guilt feelings myself about "proper" use of time, etc. I've been neglecting my own comic recently, but I haven't officially quit, though the temptation is definitely there. As you said, the "processing time" weighs down on a schedule and sometimes causes loss of sleep, loss of social opportunities or just the ability to spend time doing something else. If the comic brings in money (which I doubt many do, mine certainly doesn't) that's one thing, but sometimes doing something merely for enjoyment, especially something very time consuming, starts to wear you down and the mind begins to look elsewhere. It happens. Perhaps we just need a break?
mcmasters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily for me (ha) I didn't have to worry about sacrificing income with the decision to quit the comic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: