TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I make this more authentic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

how would you rate this?
Safe for Children
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Safe for Work
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not Safe for Work
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

neil_w2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: How do I make this more authentic? Reply with quote

A while ago I made this comic

http://imgur.com/a/mTqVb#0

It was supposed to be about these 3 friends and the nature of their relationship with each other. that they can rely on each other and trust each other fully and what not. One of the replies I got about it thought that this was something else But it got me thinking, what if I did do a comic about that? So I ended up doing something like this:

http://imgur.com/a/639Rs#12

i was a bit uneasy about making this but so far had received some relatively positive feedback. however it seems some may not be able to relate to the girls point of view. It had been suggested in order to make it more believable to read up on stories from actual people and ask girls about their experiences

---

so ... yeah ...

- how were the comics?
- how was the girls response?
- was it authentic/believable?
- what would make her response more authentic/believable?
MindChimera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I would say is that there isn't stomach pain. There's lower back pain (right about where your tailbone is) and cramps in the pelvis area. This is very clearly not the stomach though.

I don't know why people have this idea that the stomach and the uterus are the same thing, or even close. They're not. Babies don't develop in the stomach, there's digestive acid in there. Lol.

I thought the story itself was okay. Seemed believable to me. Who's saying she isn't relatable and why?
Everyone's going to have a different experience and react to it differently. I don't see the problem.

Though honestly, after reading the first comic, I was kind of hoping that she had an alien inside her that was trying to bust out, haha.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed these, really, and don't understand why anyone would say your comics aren't "believable" or "authentic." I especially liked the first comic. You're doing really well. Like MindChimera said, everyone's experience is different.

However, when I was young I initially misinterpreted the pain as a stomachache, so I wouldn't say it's that inaccurate for a girl who doesn't know what's happening to her.

Keep up the good work!

-hk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: