TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tips on generating traffic?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayAlan215

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Tips on generating traffic? Reply with quote

Anybody have any tips on driving traffic to my site and/or getting links from other similar strips? Any help is much appreciated
SunScales

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan at Demon Archives has a couple posts about what he's tried for getting traffic, and includes his results:
Part 1 - Free traffic
Part 2 - Ads

Also, get yourself listed on comic sites. TWCL is one, but there's also Comic Rocket, Piperka (though I think they're broken right now), and Belfry (that site is furry-oriented, but accepts all kinds of comics, not just furry ones). There's also TopWebComics which is more of a popularity contest, since you can vote daily for your favorites, which pushes them onto the front page. It doesn't work out as well if you don't have many readers, unless you cheat.

As far as getting links from similar strips goes, that kind of falls into networking. Look around and see if you can find other comics that are similar to yours or that you like, and try talking to the creator. Webcomic forums are good places to start. You can also find webcomic groups on Facebook, and there's tons of creators on Twitter - just start following some creators and you'll get recommended more automatically. I'd look at these and see which you like the most, and invest yourself in maybe one or two. There's hardly a point in spreading across all of them, unless you REALLY have time to kill.

That should be enough to get started.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey that's me and my site! Weird! Very Happy

MindChimera gives great advice though. Network with other creators, actually trying to make friends with them, and mutual promotion will organically come out of those friendships. Twitter is a good place for networking with creators, I've found, as many are there and use it as their primary place for social-media-ing. You can find me there at @dsharp524 or @DemonArchives.
JayAlan215

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the replies Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies MindChimera and DaemonDan! I'm going to take your advice and check out some other forums and social media avenues, and I'll add you on twitter Dan. Check out my comic too if you get a chance: http://breadandcircuses.comicgenesis.com/ Thanks Again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum