TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MICHAEL ANDEN CONCEPT ART FROM NEW SUPERHERO COMIC 'GODS'
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: MICHAEL ANDEN CONCEPT ART FROM NEW SUPERHERO COMIC 'GODS' Reply with quote

Hi there- how's it hanging?

This thread features pre-production art for my 13 issue flagship maxi-series Gods, which I am working on for my proposed Cannon Comics line, to debut in my anthology title provisionally titled...

The gallery will range from rough thumbnails and detailed sketches to fully coloured sequentials and painted promo pieces. I welcome all comments, crits and suggestions. Obviously, the sequential pages are closest to visualising the final product.

The material is arcanepunk meets space-fantasy, and I have just begun beavering on the actual comic book art proper from my script for the entire series, which is itself completed and 'locked'. So it's my pleasure, and hopefully soon yours, that I introduce to you...

THE DAY OF DOOM...

Gods tells of the sudden manifestation of an immense stratoscraping mountain fortress on the outskirts of Valdor, capital nation of the high-tech medieval world of Aldar.

Dubbed the 'Slayers', the planet's deadliest soldiers have already been largely routed from existence by Aldar's military Protectorate, but their rag-tag remains- comprised of teams and individuals of wildly varying moral codes- are now called upon to help face off the Fortress's extradimensional 'Battlelord' legions.

The Lordmaster of the incursion is the demi-god Ryzar, long banished to but dim memory by Aldar's all-but extinct violence-shunning Lightlords, but returned to the world by a fifth column of black magicians within the Protectorate.

THE IRON REIGN...

The deity seeks to complete a long-delayed dark rite that will uproot the living from the physical world, forevering interring all within the steel trap of Ryzar's mind's eye.

The eternal desolation facing the soon-to-be figmentary prisoners of Ryzar's awareness is previewed in full to Eldridge Cyger- tearaway teenage son of Slayer Cade Cyger- when he stumbles into the being's off-world lair at the start of the story... an all-binding netherworld where one's every movement, word and thought is as predetermined by the Lordmaster as a shadow by its owner.

A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE...

The hostage provides Ryzar with an emotional lever against Aldar's most feared warrior. Over others, it wields a more rational defence: within its miles of protective granite, the being's final layer of all concealing-armor registers precisely as the background radiation of the universe... the Black Pillar that is Ryzar's dimensional shell harbours nothing less than the very universe itself.

ON THE SIDE OF THE ANGELS?

Somehow the Slayers, Protectorate and the last of the Lightlords must overcome their differences and unite to oppose the most terrible predator ever known... Creation itself.

First off, some concept sequential concepts here...

Hyperion battlecruiser concept (side view)

Hyperion color study

Forcefield projector station within first layer of mountain fortress interior. Like this one a lot, but it's going to mean I have to step up my game with the design of the mountain fortress exterior...

Last edited by Capo on Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat drawings! : )

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful stuff, man!!
Capo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys- appreciated!
Capo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gods main antagonist 'Nargun'-

An incorporeal yet vastly powerful armor-clad wraith from the planet Aldar's Dark Age.

Last edited by Capo on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nils Balls

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks good, but are you familiar with Tom Scioli's 'Godland' series?
If not, you may want to check it out, so you don't unintentionally trespass.
theoriginalmoser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great art. Definitely has a unique style to it.
Capo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils Balls wrote:
This looks good, but are you familiar with Tom Scioli's 'Godland' series?
If not, you may want to check it out, so you don't unintentionally trespass.

Thanks Nils- I generally prefer though not to check out the 'competition', there are lawyers for that!
Capo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theoriginalmoser wrote:
Great art. Definitely has a unique style to it.

Thanks, originalmoser- I do my best!
Capo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlelord 'Straaken'- alien warrior concept

Battlelord Straaken is the deposed king of his small, ocean storm-beset homeworld Thoron.

Having escaped the planet with Janrak, the last of his otherwise massacred line, he contends with Ryzar that he will do anything to regain his throne and rain vengeance on those who conspired to usurp him.

Straaken demonstrates that he walks the talk by acceding to the dark god's request that he devour Janrak alive right there and then.

Naturally, like most of Ryzar's devoted legions, Straaken remains far too self-involved to realise the full implication of his master's goal to part all who live from their every last flicker of volition.

"Hell's he looking at us like that?"
"Ain't me he's looking at... sorry, Dyler- you're on your own!"
Capo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final design and four prelim roughs for the 'Jackal' tank bikes that will feature in the second part of the Gods British comic book trilogy. These all-terrain attack vehicles feature two elongated, tilting treads that sprout climbing crampons, enabling their riders to storm even the sheer cliffs of the titan enemy mountain 'Ryzar'.

"They'll get you where you need to go, alright. What'll be left of you, anyhow."

Capo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Cade Cyger character concept (revised from the tan jacket number)

"Wait!! You'll wake the dale guardian!"

Capo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concept sketch of Sergeant Daniel Foley.

"Jonesy!! Two on the pipe- lock it up!!"
Capo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concept sketch of Gods druid Halsen Archard

'Yeah? Seems to me this is exactly the right time for one of my lame parlour tricks.'

Concept sketches and paintings of battlesuit for Gods antagonist 'Nargun'- an incorporeal demon from the planet Aldar's Dark Age. Interesting note about the lined note paper- most of these babies weren't really whipped up for public consumption or intended to be formal concept art, just side scrawls beside my script notes- but hopefully they're interesting enough for those who are big into pre-production stuff.

'No-one conquers death. Death conquers you.'
'And what's wrong with that?'

Last edited by Capo on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Capo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medical droid 'Jeeg' whips across roiling battlefields either patching up the greviously wounded or putting them out of their misery, depending on the severity of their messed-upness. The Hypocratic oath doesn't get much of a look-in when half the dying are likely to Turn (into)...

...lifeless, soul-sucking Gaunts. You may know some of them.

Master sergeant Vansonn 'Vance' Hillbrandt performs the blunt, heavy-duty frontline wetworks that could be termed as mass personnel demolition.

Discovering his own culpability in running security for the horrific false flag operations of his nation's political demagogues, Vance finds himself poised to take his own life, until his protege Kara Flynn evinces he has no business getting off that easy.

Last edited by Capo on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: