TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem putting Comic Rocket ad on Wordpress/Comicpress site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrington AW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Problem putting Comic Rocket ad on Wordpress/Comicpress site Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone here has any experience putting Comic Rocket ad boxes on a Wordpress-based site, but I can't seem to get the box to show up.

Just so everyone understands, I have been using Comic Rocket ad boxes on my non-Wordpress site for about a year with no problems. I recently started a Wordpress-based site and I tried adding the Comic Rocket code manually like I did with my other site but it doesn't show up.

I found a Comic Rocket Ad Box Widget that is supposed to load the code automatically, but when I installed it I found I need an API Key, with no indication of how to get one and it won't work without it.

I emailed Comic Rocket support a couple of times but I never heard back, and I started a thread in their support forum but no one has responded.

So if anyone knows how to set it up I would be grateful!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Problem putting Comic Rocket ad on Wordpress/Comicpress Reply with quote

I've not tried, but typically when I have a problem with a Wordpress Plugin version of something I've done outside of Wordpress, I just do it the way I used to.

Plugins are supposed to make your life easier but sometimes they just don't. You always have the option to do it the old way. You may need to edit the header HTML (Appearance -> Editor -> Header) and just put in the code the same way you used to have it.
Harrington AW

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, yes I was eventually able to find a way to add the code manually using a different method than I was trying before.

I never did get any response from Comic Rocket in any of the places I tried to contact them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: