TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

e-book publishing through Amazon / CreateSpace

View previous topic :: View next topic  
afterthedream

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: e-book publishing through Amazon / CreateSpace Reply with quote

Has anyone tried publishing their comic as an e-book through Amazon / CreateSpace? What was your experience?
^_^

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have published POD paperback non-comic books through CreateSpace, and non-comic ebooks via Amazon.

I did not choose to publish my graphic novel as an ebook via Amazon, because they charge a "data-charge", and although for text the amount is negligible, for 302 full color pages proved to be so expensive, it didn't seem worth it.

I did not choose to publish my graphic novel as a POD paperback with CreateSpace for essentially the same reason. Too expensive.

Black and white artwork is probably more feasible.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that input. I'm looking into Ka-Blam / Indyplanet for POD and Drive Thru Comics for e-books now as well. They're seeming more appealing the more I look into them, but I also have an inherent preference for smaller companies over giant corporations.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do createspace for my comic printing as I've found them to be the cheapest color POD out there and the quality is pretty good. Print runs will always be cheaper per unit, but then you need to worry about warehousing unsold copies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: