TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nice to meet you!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
koharuai

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Nice to meet you! Reply with quote

Hi There.

My name is Koharu, I'm one of the writers for a new manga webcomic, we just released our first comic yesterday (so very exciting).

The title is called The Mad Boss, it's based on funny theories as to why a boss might be mad. The comic is full page, inked and coloured.

As you might have guessed by my spelling, I'm from Australia. I've always dreamed of releasing a comic, I've been good with script writing, but never with illustrating. Then I met Daniel (the illustrator of The Mad Boss) and we talked. We eventually started working on The Mad Boss, which being completely new, we are hoping will be read by many.

If you want to have a look at my webcomic, please feel free to. themadboss[dot]com/viewComic#viewComic

My question for everyone is, when did you first release your webcomic ?
MindChimera

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, welcome to the forums.

Something I noticed about your site - definitely seems to be touch-screen oriented. Which is great, though for myself, I don't own any touch screens so I have a few problems to mention. Wink

• The text in your top navigation isn't a link, but rather the space around it. This'll be confusing for mouse users.
  • The top of each page, while pretty, is rather annoying. I could see it as a splash page, but having to deal with it on every page makes me irritated as a user.
  • Viewing the comic puts a "Continue To Comic" button right in the middle of the page.

May I ask why you're going with a once-a-month schedule? Seems awfully slow. The site's going to be empty for a while at that rate.

As for me, I started my webcomic in February last year.
Grand prize winner!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Post away!
Lavenderbard
^_^

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Nice to meet you!

... I'm trying to remember when my webcomic started posting, and I'm just not sure. I'd have to look it up. It's been more than a year.

I work differently than most webcomickers. First I made an entire graphic novel, and then I started posting the pages as a webcomic. I was hoping I'd be able to finish the second story in the series before the first one ran out of pages, but that's looking unlikely. My husband decided that he was going to become a publisher and publish my novels, and it seems that the first trilogy we released is selling WAAYYYY better than the graphic novel.

So work on the second graphic novel got pushed back behind designing/painting three more covers so we can get the next batch of books released, completing the rough draft of my fourteenth novel, and some editing. Sad

But I will get to it. I'm very persistent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: