TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writer Seeking Artists

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kleit0s

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Writer Seeking Artists Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I've already burbled out an introduction that explains pretty much who I am and what I'm here for, so if you want the full story, click the link to read my introductory thread:

http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26447

In short, I'm a writer with no experience looking for a partner or group in need of someone with a highly-specialized literary skill set. I can write dialogue, edit, fact-check, promote consistent grammar, improve sentence-fluency, and aid plot development. If you have an existing project, or your own idea for a webcomic that you want to see done your way, then I want to help you make it better. I have no resume, so I'll take pretty much anything to start growing my reference page. (Just... please, don't make me proof-read your fan-fiction. I did that once. It was painful. Please don't make me do it. I beg you.)

If you're short on ideas or brainstorming a new project, then I have no less than 3 full-fledged drafts that would love to meet you. (When I say "full-fledged," I mean I actually bothered to write them down somewhere in a marginally completed form.) One is a fantasy-themed, JRPG-inspired comedy that pokes fun at common fantasy tropes while exploring the definition of family and what it means to different people. The second story I have lined up is a space opera about an interstellar cruiser on a one-way course to colonize an unknown planet in deep space, starring the captain's young daughter who was born during the voyage. The third story I have lined up is a sci-fi slice-of-life story about a teenage girl who can turn into a gun, exploring the philosophy of humanity while simultaneously knocking the wind out of the idea of the "human condition." If any of those sound like something you want to draw, then we have something to talk about.

I'm gonna be straight with you: those three drafts are kinda my "babies." They're half-formed ideas that sound REALLY cool in my head, and maybe those descriptions sound really cool to you, too. However, I'm fully aware that what I'm asking for is a collaboration, and that means changing ideas to fit the needs of the group. I know that my every thought and whim won't make it to print, and I'm okay with that. I strive for flexibility above all else, and am perfectly willing to change or even scrap entire plots if it means a better comic. I'll help you with your ideas just as enthusiastically as I work with mine. My magnum opus can wait.

So! Has any of that caught your eye? Post a reply or send me an email, and we can hash out some details!
warp9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Help with my comic. . . . Reply with quote

I sent you a PM, but I thought I'd post a reply too.

There is a project I've been working on, and it might be nice to have some help in order to make it better. So, if you'd like to help, we should talk.

My name is Rob, I'm a writer/artist/programmer/animator. I'm also a fan of H.P Lovecraft (the Cthulhu mythos has a fairly strong influence on my writing).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum