My name's Jose and I'm an amateur comic book writer/lover based in London. I'm looking for an artist willing to work with me to create an amazing, new comic book.
The comic I want to make is a 12-issue re-imagining of Joan Of Arc's life. Joan must go on an epic quest, all the way from France to Africa, in order to save the world for eternal damnation. In this book, Joan is a sword-fighting bad-ass trying to keep the Devil and his minions from conquering Earth but, rest assured, she still dies on the pyre.
Right now I've got the scripts for issue #1 and #2 done, which I can send to you if you're interested, and I'm about 25% done with issue #3. What I need is someone to help me out with the art side of things. I'd like to get some character sketches going and then start working on issue #1 properly.
I want to submit the comic to publishers but I also have a plan for low-cost, online publishing. I've recruited a small but dedicated group of friends that are helping me and all I need now is a great artist to help me make this book a reality.
As far as the actual art, I'm looking for realism with a punch. The book is set in the 1400s and I'd like it to look plausible but that doesn't mean everything has to be period accurate. I have some specific ideas for certain scenes and characters but I'm very open to input on how to best bring this story to life. I aim to give the artist full reign on how best to draw the story.
As for financial compensation, I'm sorry but I have no money to pay anyone for any work. However, any profits from the comic will be split fairly with the artist.
What I'm looking for:
1. Due to the unpaid nature of the work I think it would be better suited to an amateur or maybe an eager student but anyone (from anywhere) can apply.
2. I'm looking for someone with good working habits but also someone I can develop a friendly relationship with. I'm taking this seriously and so should you.
3. The ability to draw sequential art is pretty important. Any style is acceptable when applying.
4. The ability to read/speak English fluently. This is more important than you'd think.
5. Be available to work on this comic, starting asap, and be available to meet in person (if you're from London) or online means when required. This is crucial.
Please get in touch with me if you're interested or want to know more: email@example.com