TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound On

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squazzy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Sound On Reply with quote

The basic blurb:
Seven friends. Comes with saving “ze wurld,” aliens, a cute Grandma and one crazy Canadian hero, eh?

I've been updating for almost a year now, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, figured it was time to get more opinions. This is a remastered/redrawn/edited version, the original was done in 2003 and my first attempt at a webcomic.

It's weird, the humour is odd, it has video game (and some other geek) references all over the place.

Sound On

Anyway, thanks for any feedback in advance.
alexisflower

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the canadian meant to have a random sampling of accents from around the world?
Ronin Glen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
is the canadian meant to have a random sampling of accents from around the world?

Heh, I noticed that too. Apparently Canadians use English, French, Scottish, German and Italian accents on a rotating basis as they speak. I look forward to the next issue of Captain America as he speaks with Chinese, Spanish, Hindi and Swahili accents (and a thick southern drawl).
JFD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that as well Smile I understand that you were going for a French Canadian accent but it sounds more German to me Smile

I'm a French Canadian and trust me, we don't talk like that even when our English sucks lol

If you can't get the accent right, one option is to do what Menage a 3 ( Warning: NSFW) did with their character Didi. She throws in French words in her sentences every once in a while.

Not the ideal option though - the best scenario would be to get the French accent right Smile but it's a way to indicate that English isn't the character's first language.
alexisflower

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really meant it as a question - if he's supposed to have random accents it's funny but you should push it more if that's the case, make it more outrageous so it's clearly a joke

(i'm french canadian too)
squazzy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, C.C. is supposed to have random accents from all over- thanks for the advice for that one. (All the characters are Canadian except one, so far.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: