TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New sci-fi webcomic from Prague underground.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Sodoma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: New sci-fi webcomic from Prague underground. Reply with quote

Hi guys. I am totally new here. I am from Prague and I always want to draw comics. For a long time it was only a dream. I have another job and don't have time. But one day I said myself I have to start right now. And I really started. It is 4 years since than. Mainly I spend lot of time writing story, screenplay and concept design. It was long and hard journey, because I work on it in my free time. But I finally I did it. And I am very happy! I started to draw first pages. I decided to publish it as a webcomics.

Story takes place in underground shelter under the Prague city. It is little apocalyptic and little sci-fi genre. But if you expect lasers and robots you will be dissapointed. The story is more about people and their strange behaviours. And also about journey.

You can find webcomic here:
http://anodus-comics.com

There are only several pages but I am gonna publish every week. I will be glad and grateful for any comments and constructive criticism.

Here is a preview:

Lindemannade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Milan!

Wow Chapter One's looking mighty impressive Very Happy I love the title art as well. I look forward to finding out what's going on! In the mean time I'll say that a little apocalyptic and a little mature sci-fi sounds good to me.

I'm glad you're making something you've always wanted to make and I wish you the best of luck and look forward to the next update!
JFD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the community Milan Smile

I really like your art so far - of course, there isn't much to look at yet, so I'm looking forward to see more of it, both of the art and the story, but I can already see you have good drawing skills.

The only one comment I would have about the art is that in the "Whh.. what... happened" panel, you can't really see the cut off finger that you clearly see in the larger frame underneath. It's a really small detail, but I thought I'd point it out Smile

I'm not sure what layout you're going for with your site yet, but I can already tell that content of the front page is a tad long. Most people don't like having to scroll too much, that's why most webcomics use the one comic page per page format, with helpful nav buttons.

It's not a requirement to follow that principle, but I always recommend it - it's easy to use, clean and looks organized.

That's it from me Smile Welcome again and good luck with your comic! You already have an excellent start.
Lindemannade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@JFD

I don't have experience drawing a narrative webcomic, but to throw in my two cents I actually enjoy when story-based webcomics post long updates with a lot of content to scroll down through (The Last Halloween as a prime example for me) - as long as there's navigation buttons as you were saying at the bottom too so I don't have to scroll all the way up again to get around!

I quite like having a nice-sized chunk to get through with each update, but I do also like others that are more concise too. It is very possible that I'm not 'most people' mind and am in fact crazy and a terrible example! Wink It was certainly all helpful advice you gave him to think about. (I'm trying to make sure I'm not sounding like I'm arguing with you and just throwing out my opinion! Smile )
JFD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindemannade wrote:
I'm trying to make sure I'm not sounding like I'm arguing with you and just throwing out my opinion! Smile

Hehe argue away, your opinion is worth as much as mine Smile
Lindemannade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFD wrote:
Hehe argue away, your opinion is worth as much as mine Smile

Hooray for polite discourse! Smile

@Milan Sodoma
Anyhoo, keep up the good work and think about your layout and go with what you're happy with!
Milan Sodoma

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys. I appreciate your comments. And I will think about it.

About scrolling: I decided for this option for two reasons. It was much simpler to set it in my Wordpress. And because its best way I like to read comics on web or screen. It is different medium than book and I think the way of reading has to be different too. I mean reading from page to page is uncomfortable for me and clicking and loading with every page is tittle annoying and distracting. This way allows me quickly look to previous pages. Maybe it is all wrong thinking about pages. It is sequential art so maybe to create it as pages is wrong attitude. I like the frame to frame way of comic like Daniel Lieske's Worm World Saga. And Also mentioned Halloween use this way of displaying.

But I have to say it is not final resolution. I am at the beginning, so maybe everything will be changed in the future. Becouse I am creating it as 2 pages spreads to later print adaptations.

Thank a lot again for your comments and as a thank I post it my illustration of character from my story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: