TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coconull

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Coconull Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm publishing a new webcomic called Coconull. There are only 3 entries for now because... I'm a really slow with illustration due to my lack of practice. Embarassed

Here is the URL: http://www.coconull.com/

Thanks for reading. Feel free to give some advices and opinions. Wink

Nerris
VAST

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the style of your webcomic. I also enjoy the quick one liners you have. You only have 3 strips so far, but I would suggest really showcasing your characters personalities the best you can. If you don't have a story line for the reader to follow you need to have strong leads.

I like what you have so far. Keep it up.
Ronin Glen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna take a wild guess here that "characters" and "stories" aren't really the point of this comic. It's a gentler variation of XKCD or The Far Side rather than Sam and Fuzzy or Calvin and Hobbes. It's a cute comic (so far) but maybe a little milder than my twisted and rotten brain usually goes for. In fairness, that's probably a good thing Smile
Nerris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VAST wrote:
I really like the style of your webcomic. I also enjoy the quick one liners you have. You only have 3 strips so far, but I would suggest really showcasing your characters personalities the best you can. If you don't have a story line for the reader to follow you need to have strong leads.

VAST, thank you so much! I want to develop the main characters strip by strip, with small amounts of info. The main goal of the webcomic it's just to make you smile, but character development it's something to keep in mind.
Nerris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronin Glen wrote:
I'm gonna take a wild guess here that "characters" and "stories" aren't really the point of this comic. It's a gentler variation of XKCD or The Far Side rather than Sam and Fuzzy or Calvin and Hobbes. It's a cute comic (so far) but maybe a little milder than my twisted and rotten brain usually goes for. In fairness, that's probably a good thing Smile

Ronin Glen, you described perfectly what I would like to achieve Smile Thanks for your opinion!
VAST

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerris wrote:
VAST wrote:

VAST, thank you so much! I want to develop the main characters strip by strip, with small amounts of info. The main goal of the webcomic it's just to make you smile, but character development it's something to keep in mind.

I figured you would. I get that your comic is a gag a day style, but I felt like your characters had personality and I think I would really enjoy your comic if those personalities were highlighted. Keep it up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: