TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KITTY KATS AND NOODLEZ - The Uzuki Comics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uzuki Cheverie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: KITTY KATS AND NOODLEZ - The Uzuki Comics Reply with quote

WAAAH!lcome to Uzuki Comics, a gag-a-day strip that follows the life of teenage girl Uzuki, love interest Miko, and the rest of her strange but humorous friends. From taking on the Steam challenge to recalling amazing tales of adventure and despair in the world of Minecraft, to flailing around like a crazy person when in the presence of a kitten, the giggles never stop with Uzuki!

Read the rest of the Uzuki comics at the official Uzuki Comics website! Updates are every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, with Saturday submissions in full-color!

And don't forget to drop by and leave a like on the Uzuki Facebook page!
JFD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Smile I'm a rookie comicker so please take my comments with a grain of salt, but here goes.

I really like what you have so far! I like the format and I like the humour. My favorite is the Zelda 2 reference (I am Error). It brings back memories XD

I like the art, it's simple and very appropriate to the subject. My one complain would be the fact it switches back and forth between color and black and white. I'm not sure if there's a reason for it or if it's just a schedule issue, but I would decide on either style and stick with it. Or make a different section for black and white comics (see CAD's [url="http://www.cad-comic.com/sillies/"]"Sillies"[/url]).

The backgrounds are simple, but that's also usually appropriate for the style of your comic. I say usually because in #26 (Kittens, Please!), the two middle frames look a bit bare in my opinion. I think they would have benefited from having a very simple background made of building silhouettes (no need for details, just silhouettes). This would have situated the comic a bit - right now it looks like the pet shop is in the middle of a sea of concrete Smile

My last comment is on Mikumi's hat. I really like the idea of the two "eyes" changing shape according to his emotions (or the hat's emotions). I think you should expand on that Smile Maybe have them grow when he's surprised or shocked, making "sad eyes" and closing in into arched slits when he's happy or laughing.

That's it from me, sorry it grew longer than I meant it to Smile I look forward to reading more - your comic looks very solid so far!
Uzuki Cheverie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFD wrote:
Hey Smile I'm a rookie comicker so please take my comments with a grain of salt, but here goes.

I really like what you have so far! I like the format and I like the humour. My favorite is the Zelda 2 reference (I am Error). It brings back memories XD

I like the art, it's simple and very appropriate to the subject. My one complain would be the fact it switches back and forth between color and black and white. I'm not sure if there's a reason for it or if it's just a schedule issue, but I would decide on either style and stick with it. Or make a different section for black and white comics (see CAD's [url="http://www.cad-comic.com/sillies/"]"Sillies"[/url]).

Thanks for your kind words!

As for the color thing, it is based on a schedule - black and white comics are uploaded on Tuesday and Thursday, and color comics are uploaded on Saturday. I chose this method because I don't have enough time to do color for every single one, but I'd rather not have the comics be completely black-and-white. The comics were once a week at one point (just Saturday colors) but I wanted to do them more often than once a week because I really enjoy doing them and I've got enough comic ideas listed to last them through three times a week ^__^

I know back in the day when newspaper strips were the biggest form of comics (outside of Marvel comics and such) and before webcomics started to dominate the strip market, quite a few of them had the "Sunday color" editions. You can find examples of these in comic strips like Calvin and Hobbes for example (ah I love Calvin and Hobbes <33). It broke from the norm of the black and white comics and kind of gave readers a special strip each week that was done in color rather than black and white.

So that's pretty much the process of how and why I chose to do it; the once-a-week color comics are simply a nice little "treat" for the readers, much like the old Sunday color strips from the classic newspaper comics. I hope that answers your question or concerns about that ^__^

Quote:
The backgrounds are simple, but that's also usually appropriate for the style of your comic. I say usually because in #26 (Kittens, Please!), the two middle frames look a bit bare in my opinion. I think they would have benefited from having a very simple background made of building silhouettes (no need for details, just silhouettes). This would have situated the comic a bit - right now it looks like the pet shop is in the middle of a sea of concrete Smile

well also i hate drawing backgrounds aahhh ; ~;

But I appreciate that suggestion for the Kittens comic, the buildings in the background probably would have added a bit more depth to the scenes in panels 2 and 3 as a whole. I'll take that into consideration and be sure to remember it next time I do a scene like that (: Thanks!

Quote:
My last comment is on Mikumi's hat. I really like the idea of the two "eyes" changing shape according to his emotions (or the hat's emotions). I think you should expand on that Smile Maybe have them grow when he's surprised or shocked, making "sad eyes" and closing in into arched slits when he's happy or laughing.

I get a lot of comments on Mikumi-hat honestly lol And I'm glad to see that a lot of those comments are positive x)

I did do a little bit of an "expanding" comic back in #13 - Mikumi-hat that kind of showed a brief look "inside" of the hat, and it's . . . rather horrifying lol

Quote:
That's it from me, sorry it grew longer than I meant it to Smile I look forward to reading more - your comic looks very solid so far!

Huzzah! And don't forget, I've got 32 comics uploaded to the website with more to come, so you'll see all the updates there and be able to read comics that weren't uploaded in the OP (: (the ones in the OP were merely sample comics). I hope you continue to read and enjoy Uzuki!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: