TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ranking Oddness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronin Glen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Ranking Oddness Reply with quote

So I visit TWCL today and am quite surprised to see I am now ranked at #3 on the list with over 12,000 views. After a brief moment of elation, reality kicked in and I began to question the likelihood of this. I mean, I'd LOVE to be able to claim such lofty ranking on the merits of my comic but...

Anyway, a brief review of site stats confirmed I haven't had nearly that kind of traffic so I'm guessing this is a bot thing. Anyone else had trouble with this? If so, any idea what to do with it?

kungfumeghan.com
MindChimera

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you buy an ad? Because I see your comic's icon listed at the top with the paid ads. If not, maybe a fan did, or the system rotated your comic in because there weren't enough paid slots or something.

If I can ask, what kind of numbers are you seeing from it? I've been thinking about paying for a slot but I can't justify spending the money. And if it is mostly bots going through, then it isn't worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's the rub. I bought the ad nearly a month ago and it doubled my daily traffic...but I'm talking like a change from 25 views a day to 50-60. My view stats on TWCL was less than 500 for Dec (which is up substantially from roughly 100 in previous months) but then in Jan I abruptly get 12,000? Seems unlikely.

The ad was absolutely worth it for me and my otherwise extremely low profile site but if you're already doing better numbers than that it may not be for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: