TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SI-Corre! - The science fiction webcomic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zip_zeta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: SI-Corre! - The science fiction webcomic Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm reposting my webcomic site since I've finally found the time to update it and add even more pages.

For those who aren't aware, SI-Corre! is a sci-fi webcomic takes place almost two centuries in our future.

The comic portal is now MUCH more appropriately designed for the mother site I've created for it. Check it out!

SI-Corre!: The Webcomic
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the script could use a little polishing, but the art looks much better. The added color makes objects stand out more and makes the picture clearer.

You also might want to look at changing your jpeg compression, there's a lot of jpeg garbage in your images and your art would look a lot more professional if you remove it.

The site, if I recall, does look a lot better. The buttons could be fixed (It's a little awkward having buttons for pages 1-10, but only being able to click up to 6).

It's good to see you still hanging in there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulpeslibertas wrote:
You also might want to look at changing your jpeg compression, there's a lot of jpeg garbage in your images and your art would look a lot more professional if you remove it.

The site, if I recall, does look a lot better. The buttons could be fixed (It's a little awkward having buttons for pages 1-10, but only being able to click up to 6).

It's good to see you still hanging in there.

Thanks vulpeslibertas! You know what? This is twice you've saved my butt in this webcomic endevour Smile Heck I might still have had the old rough site I had before had you not said anything. Not that its the greatest site on earth but its clearly better than it was and now I feel it suits the comic.

I REALLY thought that finding a way to shine up the gritty look from the art's jpg compression would be hard but within a few minutes of simply loading an image onto microsoft word's considerably lower compression compared to mspaint's high compression, I was in awe Shocked I didn't realize the level of crap I had been dealing with until you sent me looking for an improvement! So thanks again vulpes, nice save!

(I feel the way most of us net-junkies felt when we first switched from modem to dsl/cable connections!)
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first asked for advice I got the same comments. That, and "It looks like you're making your comic in MS Paint". I was sitting there wondering "How on Earth can these people know that?" Then I swapped over and I was amazed by the difference.

Also, for any other comickers out there, I highly, highly recommend GIMP ( http://www.gimp.org ) it's free, allows you to adjust jpeg compression rate, and looks a lot better than paint. It's the free counterpart to Photoshop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: