TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extra-genre webcomics.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lavenderbard
^_^

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuff I'm posting is a science fiction story based comic, but I'm also working on a comic that is set in a made up world, that's historical based rather futuristic. And I have a script for a comic that is set in a fantasy alternate-history world.

That's pretty much my range.

Although I did start creating a gag-a-dayish webcomic about filking and filkers once. That was before Black Flag bushwhacked me. So, as always with me, the small simple project got abandoned so that I could do the big one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had access to top-flight art, I would go with a fantasy epic.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulpeslibertas wrote:
mcmasters wrote:
If I had access to top-flight art, I would go with a fantasy epic.
Ok, I'll wait for you to become as good as Rob Liefeld.

Had to do some research on this...so apparently he is quite controversial? Not sure I get why, is the idea his art was very over-the-top in the 90s and this was very popular but has many detractors?
Traegorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I wasn't doing my Steampunk comic or my comic about convention runners... I'd probably do a straightforward superhero comic.

Ooh, or maybe something about con men, ala Hustle or Leverage.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CN I've gathered from previous posts you're a history buff like me. My interest in doing a history based comic has only progressed to the fantasizing stage, but that would be a fun project. I think I would make mine a rough following of American history with the usual signposts but I would throw in the off-beat, unusual, peculiar and bizarre. Lack of time and artistic ability to carry it prevents it moving from fantasy, but it's a hell of a good fantasy.
Lavenderbard
^_^

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:
You've probably Googled it by now, but filking is like fan fiction, but for singing. Take your favourite song, rewrite the lyrics so it's about Game of Thrones or Harry Potter or whatever, and sing it with all your friends because everyone already knows the tune.

Er.

The "fanfic" style activity described above is the largest and best known portion of filking activity, being an easy entry point into songwriting and performance and the most accessible form of filking to non-filkers, and basically the part of filking that grew beyond the filking community.

But I get cranky when people who define/describe filk in a way that leaves me out of it.

Most of my songs use original tunes and original concepts. Out of the seventy or so I've written there isn't a single one that both borrowed a tune and was based on someone else's intellectual property. So, no, it isn't about being musical fanfic'ers.

It's about being musically creative in a fannish way.

Filkers tend to define/describe filk as the "folk music of sf fandom" Folk, in this instance, refering to a community/grass-roots aspect, rather than a particular style of music.
^_^

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, well, I figure if I get cranky as easily as all that, I probably deserve to be cranky. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: