TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Titan's Fist Webcomic - Feedback Appreciated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanTombleson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Titan's Fist Webcomic - Feedback Appreciated Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

My brother and I have worked together on a lot of stuff and figured we should just start making a web comic.

I would really appreciate feed back. On the comic, the website, the lettering, everything. Please let us know!

Link to site: www.titansfist.com

Check us out at our facebook if you enjoy it and want to support us!

https://www.facebook.com/TitansFist

Thanks guys!

Here's a sample as suggested Very Happy

Last edited by AlanTombleson on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:45 am; edited 3 times in total
dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's real nice artwork! (You could'a posted a sample in this thread so readers aren't jumping into the unknown. Smile)

Site looks neat. Cool sidewise page scrolling, not scratchy on the eyes.

On the comic pages, dialogue is just a teeny bit too small for my eyes. No problem to use Ctrl-plus to zoom in a step or two (which I did), but there's still the impression you might be shrinking font size a little too much just to squeeze it all in... just a thought.

Personally speaking, not a fan of white text on black balloons, there must be a reason for this, not sure what it is. And if you decide to color these pages, which could be very do-able since the inking is pretty darn solid, it's going to look a bit ugly.

There's a thing... SO-PH-I3, the voice (avatar?) of the Electronic Scanning Monster Guide, seems an odd choice for a guide character for a fantasy comic, I thought. Jumping genres for no reason?

The links in the info section (Home * Archives * ... Classes, etc.) run up into Sophie's big dialogue balloon and aren't so easy to discern (dark blue text on black/brown background, in my browser).

Aside from these pickies, I repeat, that's real nice artwork! Looks like a fun comic. Good luck with it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, thank you for all the feedback, that's HUGE.

SO-PH-13 is supposed to be the voice of the electronic Scanning Monster Guide which is somewhat like a pokedex. It is better explained through some of the pages, but I will definitely take a better look into an alternative.

Added a sample thanks to the suggestion.

I went with white text and black background due to it being only inked, if we got a colorist, I would definitely change that.

Again, thank you for all the suggestions. This was very helpful.
AlanTombleson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New update! Page 11.

Again feedback is appreciated!
dstarbuc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like your character designs. Your art is very impressive. It reminds me of the cut scenes from the Lunar RPGs. Great job so far!

AlanTombleson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dstar!

Check out page 12 this week!

Also we have a new domain www.titansfist.com

Thanks for the feedback, we got a few new additions to the site as we
continue to revamp and work on everything.
AlanTombleson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody!

So my hard drive decided to fail and I pretty much a lot of stuff. Luckily I backed up a little bit of it!

Anyways the website is still up but I hope to have it updated by the end of tmw, hope all is well!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there.

Cool comic and I really like the artwork. Would love to see what it looks like in color Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: