TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Your Webcomic Down Today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justinfh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: What Your Webcomic Down Today Reply with quote

Bluehost, HostMonster, HostGator or JustHost, which are divisions of Endurance International Group, were down today. As a result, several Websites, which includes NewfoundlandDesigner.com and FeelingMoodycomic.com were offline. To make matters worse for Bluehost customers, their chat servers and their phone lines were down as well. According to the Endurance International Group blog.

ďDuring the morning of August 2, 2013, Endurance International Groupís data center in Provo, UT experienced unexpected issues that impacted customers of Bluehost, HostGator, HostMonster and JustHost. Company websites and some phone services were affected as well.Ē

This isnít the first time Bluehost has had similar issues. Based on Bluehostís track record, similar issues to what today are likely to happen again, and again, and again, in my opinion. Regardless, these technical issues are not acceptable. I hope that Bluehost looses thousands of dollars as result of their repeated issues.

So, was your Webcomic down today as a result? Also, as a result of Bluehost's bullshit, I want to host my Webcomic else where. What host would you recommend?
JessieK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard many bad things about bluehost from people who host a number of websites, so it does not surprised me one bit that you are having issues with them, though I am always one to say "these things happen" I am sure the majority of hosts who go down from time to time had no way to avoid it.
Eve Z.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to host evezworld back in the day on 123domains.com - never had issues with them. Smile
Now I'm on Netfirms. It goes down every now and then, but no big issues here either.

I don't know about those hosting sites you've mentioned.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my site was down for a few hours yesterday. I've used HostMonster and HostGator for years during various projects, and this is honestly a rare occasion. I feel like a little downtime one day of the year is a pretty small price to pay for the rates they offer.
Justinfh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens alot with Bluehost.
Metruis
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend my host, A Small Orange.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What Your Webcomic Down Today Reply with quote

Justinfh wrote:
Endurance International Groupís data center in Provo, UT experienced unexpected issues

Heh, not being too far from where I'm at, I think "They shoulda hooked up with X Mission!"
(You'd probably have to live here to know what Xmission is though. I was actually in that place once. There was this ethernet port on the back wall that I was told had pure, unrestricted internet.)

Anyway, I use A2 Hosting. My only complaint is that since all their servers are linux, the file names you use are all cap-sensitive. That had aggravated me a few times. But the actual service so far has been uninterrupted and dandy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: