TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who does link exchanges?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyDiGerolamo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Who does link exchanges? Reply with quote

Who here does link exchanges with other webcomics? And has it benefited your site?
iaviv

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only exchanged links with webcomics that I like, and it did help a bit. As long as both sides are doing this for reasons beyond exposure (not that you'll get a whole lot of that from my site, particularly...), but also to support someone they think deserve more exposure, I don't see why not.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've traded links with a few sites, but I'm with iaviv; I'll only do this with comics I like. If I'm going to give someone a personal recommendation, I want it to be honest.

I have sites on my Links page that I link to just because I like, but I haven't made the creator aware that I'm doing this. Anyone listed as an Affiliate links back to me. So my idea is that there's someone I link to, and they start linking back to me on their own, I'll bump them up to affiliate and give them a little more space on my page. If they stop, I'll move them back to the text list, or maybe remove them from the page completely. But if they never add me back, they can be lost in the text list.

It's more about supporting people/comics I like than traffic for myself. But since I appreciate it when people link back to me, I want to highlight them.

If someone wants to email me and ask about being affiliates, I'll consider it, but I need to read their comic first. I typically don't approach others about this, though.

Has it benefit me? Sure, I guess. I don't get a lot of traffic from those links, but I don't have very many readers, so I'm probably not giving them much, either. I don't want to discount that it has helped, but at the same time, it's not like I'm swarmed with new readers, either. One new reader every now and then is plenty.

I also have a link to my favorite stock photo artist's dA account on my page. It's very unlikely that she'd ever find out about it and I get absolutely nothing back from it, but I like her collection a lot and she's very pleasant to talk to, so why not give her some more attention.
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't! I just link to comics I like anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tony.

http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22551&highlight=links

This is a link to an interesting exchange about it...it led to my deciding what to do, but alas, not to my actually doing it.

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: