TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Katusha - Girl Soldier of the Great Patriotic War

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katushagirlsoldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Katusha - Girl Soldier of the Great Patriotic War Reply with quote

We've just started serializing Wayne Vansant's war comic KATUSHA - GIRL SOLDIER OF THE GREAT PATRIOTIC WAR as a webcomic over at http://www.katushagirlsoldier.com/t34/. (I'm Wayne's agent/publisher, David Bernstein.)

Katusha is a lot like but also bit different from a lot of the fantastic webcomics I've seen listed here and elsewhere. The art style is a bit more realistic, and the story telling more old-school and less manga influenced. However, the story of Katusha herself is not that different from the many strong female protagonists that I've seen in so many great webcomics.

In Book One, Nazi Germany invades Katushu's home country of Ukraine (then part of the USSR). Katusha, her sister Milla, uncle Taras, brother Misha, and friend Zhenya all flee to the forests where they begin a partisan guerilla war against the invaders.

The website is currently on page 49 of Book One, so there's plenty more to come.

In Book Two, Katusha and Milla arrive in Stalingrad while the city is still under seige. They are whisked off to tank school, where they learn to operate the mighty T34 tank. Shortly after they will see action on the battlefiend and experience the cost of war firsthand.

Wayne is working on Book Three now.

We'd really love to know what readers here think of Katusha. It can also be read on our Facebook, Google+, Tapastic, and vk.com pages. As well, if you can't wait to find out what happens with the webcomic version, you can order Books One and Two complete in print through Amazon and others, and in ebook format from iVerse, Amazon/Kindle, and Google Play (Comixology soon to come!).
katushagirlsoldier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: We made a trailer for Katusha Book Two Reply with quote

Katusha Girl Soldier of the Great Patriotic War Book Two: The Shaking of the Earth!

Trailer!

Here!

https://youtu.be/KMUUNs3UkoU
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: