TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Beard (Sci-fi/Satire/Body Horror/Canadian)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trinket Trance

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: The Beard (Sci-fi/Satire/Body Horror/Canadian) Reply with quote

Fearing that his facial hair may be trying to communicate with him, an idealistic slacktivist undergoes a surreal metamorphosis in an alternate future Toronto.

So goes the official pitch.

To elaborate: The Beard is an irreverent exploration of itchy id impulses, eroding social etiquette, well-meaning idiocy, insidious ego worship, the allure of exploratory artists and the search for purpose in a world bursting at its seams with redundancy.

It's also a multi-media digital comic presented as an enriched PDF document on www.trinkettrance.ca. This means that if you spend some time hunting and clicking around on the fantastic artwork by Ryan Stanley, you’ll find links to exclusive downloads or streams by bands and artists featured in the story, score cues, sound effects, reference pages and whatever else we think of as we figure this thing out in front of you.

Thanks for reading and we welcome any thoughts on the project.
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the words in the beard : )

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I think my artist, Ryan Stanley, did a great job of making them readable while seeming like a shapes a beard of that length could naturally take - if indeed, a beard could take shapes...
Trinket Trance

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Colour! Reply with quote

We've updated Chapter Five with colour and it's looking fantastic! Next, we compile the whole thing into a single 28-page issue, do some tweaking and add a bunch of embedded content before the art gets started on issue two.

Trinket Trance

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a little central cast shot and "greeting" from the beard crew. Art by Ryan Stanley.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: