TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's the best self-publisher?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Who's the best self-publisher? Reply with quote

Anyone who's done self publishing, I'm looking to publish a book. Any advice on who to go to or what to look for?
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Self-Publishing and POD forum on the Absolute Write message board that could provide some answers (maybe check out the sticky threads).

And, related, there's an Art & Design forum with sticky threads on how to design book covers, etc.

When I did it (a writing buddy pushed me to get a bunch of previously published stories back out there) it was really just a case of reading Amazon's and Smashwords's how-to guides, to get the formatting right, and uploading 'em. Both systems are pretty easy... the problem is that everybody's doing it these days!
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an Amazon account, VL, and the book is text only, you may want to try publishing on Kindle. I have a friend (in the slash-fic genre...don't ask) who wangled a Harlequin contract because of the good buzz her $0.99 Kindles generated.
SamuraiTaiga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casual Notice wrote:
If you have an Amazon account, VL, and the book is text only, you may want to try publishing on Kindle. I have a friend (in the slash-fic genre...don't ask) who wangled a Harlequin contract because of the good buzz her $0.99 Kindles generated.

I second this. An acquaintance of mine in Kyoto did this, and now earns about half his income from it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: