TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horrible Comics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Horrible Comics

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Horrible Comics Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I'm not sure how I ended up here... It was really just a lot of clicking on my part, but I'm glad that I made it! This seems like a really great community for web comic artists.

Horrible Comics is a comic that I started a year ago that touches on a little bit of everything, but always remains pretty horrible. Sometimes that Horrible is punny. Sometimes it's offensive. Sometimes it's just a joke that will make you hate yourself for laughing, and sometimes it's just plain horrible.

If you could check the site out and let me know what you think, I'd appreciate it! If you like what you see, "Like" me on Facebook.

http://www.horrible-comics.com
http://www.facebook.com/yourehorrible

Thanks everyone!
The Hat and Fat

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like your site. The jokes made me chuckle and the art is good. I didn't check out the archives yet, but I plan to later when I have more time.
QueenAmanda

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am enjoying your comic. Very chuckle-worthy.
tmdgraphics

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha... I like some of your stuff a lot!

I liked you on Facebook as well! From one comic artist to another just keep up the good work!
Maybe like us on Facebook as well?

https://www.facebook.com/tmdgraphics
Maybe check out our comics as well at http://www.TMDgraphics.com. Hope to see you around!!
Horrible Comics

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get home from work, I most certainly will.

Thank you to everyone who checks out my site! As most of you know, it means the world to to have people check out your work. It's kind of, sort of one of the greatest feelings.
Horrible Comics

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a special Saturday comic for Star Wars day!

Check it out if you get a chance and thank you again, everyone!
Horrible Comics

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shameless bump, but I wanted to thank this community. It's given me a ton to read and has inspired me quite a bit to continue doing it.

So, keep it up everyone! I love checking out your comics.
Justinfh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKay, I know I'm horrible when it comes to copy and paste action, but this is a bit too much. Also, howcome in all of your comics, there is no background?\

Now, your Webcomic does make good social commentary, but the jokes are mildly funny at best.
Horrible Comics

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the feedback, Justin. Everyone is certainly different. I started off with mostly offensive work, but brought it down to pretty much whatever sounded right. I won't say that all of it is my best material, but I do write/draw comics five days a week. Naturally, the ideas aren't as strong some weeks.

I choose not to do a background unless the joke/material really calls for it. I've experimented with it in the past and it tends to just get covered up by the words in most scenarios.
Justinfh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see your point about the background. Now I did look through you site for quite a while and I did find one comic particularly funny.

LOL. So horrible, yet so funny!

As for comics being posted five days a week goes, how big is your buffer? Because from my experience, the bigger the buffer (especially if you're posting five days a week) is better. I myself post comics on my Website five days week, and I currently have 51 comics in the buffer.
Horrible Comics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more horrible they are, the better they are received for the most part. But thank you.

As for my buffer, that is long gone. I used to be ahead about ten comics, but it caught up with me. So now I work on my comics Sunday through Thursday. Other responsibilities keep me away Friday and Saturday, but it works for now.
Eastman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, you've got some funny ones in there. Keep it up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: