TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alien Intervention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lethalhippo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Alien Intervention Reply with quote

Want mystery? Adventure? Excitement? Well, you're not going to get this in Alien Intervention. Want completely complex and obscure dialogue and storytelling? You're also not going to get that. Want to watch two nearly completely blacked out aliens sit in front of their ship's viewscreen at stock images of people doing everyday activities while making alien commentary in a different language? Well, you've come to the right place. Alien intervention is a proof of concept comic of sorts- it relies on short comics featuring two aliens, simply named the aliens. These aliens have in front of them a white view screen. Each strip features them looking at different images out of this view screen. Related dialogue is shown, featuring a series of seemingly random symbols. What's the point of this comic you may ask? It's quite simple, these symbols are indeed intelligible language which the readers will need to spend time figuring out, how to understand what exactly the two aliens will say.

So far, I have templates and a single strip, which I will post below.
lethalhippo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COMICS: All new strips will be posted here...
TITLE: The Man Sleeps

As you can see, the comic simply features silhouettes of aliens staring at an image of a man sleeping. The dialogue features is a "nonsensical" series of symbols. The goal of the comic is to allow readers to decipher these symbols into readable language. Does anybody want to try their hand at translating it?
mcmasters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really my thing (I'm too lazy; I don't want to have to do the thinking to get a punchline) but I think it could find a niche and get a following. Some thoughts: You could have readers submit captions that you could compile and have a weekly vote for the best. Winner gets to submit the photo for a future comic.

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
lethalhippo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cool idea! I may try it out. I've actually thrown the idea around in my head (the comic as a whole) a little, and I've decided not to make it fixed art and to create an overarching plot, but the view screen commenting on human life will be a popular theme in it. I may have a site up soon for this, once I get a few more strips made.
lethalhippo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after tossing the idea around, I've made some changes. First, it won't be fixed art. Second, it will follow an overarching plot. I've finished the first REAL strip, posted below:
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY IT'S EARTH!

IT'S EARTH YES!
lethalhippo

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... It is earth.
I also created a second page to start off the actual story:

I have to say, I am in love with the perspective tool... I don't know where I would be without it.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lethalhippo wrote:
I have to say, I am in love with the perspective tool... I don't know where I would be without it.

I suppose you would lack perspective.
lethalhippo

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens to be true... Thank you for the helpful insight.
lethalhippo

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third comic... Complete! If interest picks up in this thread, I may register a domain and find some hosting, but I don't want to put in the money if I'm not going to get any readers.

lethalhippo

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://alienintervention.thecomicseries.com/

Made a website, building a banner right now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: